GLS Box causing voltage drop

Well despite what some people might tell you, three graphs and a livescope box wired to the fuse block in the rod locker is apparently too much draw for even the integrated wiring harness from the factory. I can run the livescope box/graph with one other graph but when I turn the third graph on there is apparently not enough voltage because the gls box keeps disconnecting and/or the third unit shuts down.

Seems like I need to run a new circuit from the battery to power the GLS box. Should I just install another fuse block in the locker after I run the new circuit? What gauge wire is going to be enough to power the box and how much of a pain is fishing the new wires through the gunwale? Any tips for doing it? Have to pull the shifter?

Also, what’s the best way to install a switch so that the GLS box can be cut on and off?

2. Member
    8EFB0AE3-ABB0-4181-AC6F-9585D5FEA4B9.jpeg648FF3F8-7CF6-40AF-97D1-47BDD7C6B854.jpeg

I ran a new fuse block with 8 gauge wire. The second picture are switches I added for 360 and the GLS box. I was able to run new wires without taking the shifter off. Get some fiberglass rods and it’s not too bad.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

3. Member
    I ran individual sets of 10AWG from each of my 2 graphs (solix 12 and 93SV) directly to the battery with an inline fuse at the battery connection. Then I powered my gls box off of the stock harness through the fuse block. My boats a 2019 919 proxp and it came with a typical 10AWG stock harness and I wasn’t happy with the voltage drop with 2 bow units on that stock harness. The solix units do pull more current than most other units but they also seem to be pretty sensitive to voltage drop so I went a little overkill. It’s a pain to run independent sets of wire but it solved my issues. Some will tell you direct connections without a switch allow battery drain when the units are off, and that’s true to a certain degree but it’s really low draw. I keep mine plugged in all the time so the cranking AGM stays topped off. Good luck.

4. Member
    What year is your boat? I believe in 2020 they upgraded the size of wiring going for the integrated wiring harness to that fuse panel.

2018 wiring diagram shows 10ga from battery to relay that feeds fuse panel power. That being said, currently running 2 helix 12's, M360, GLS box, and 73CV without any voltage drop issues with x2 agm.

What battery are you using? And the age? Could be a culprit
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    What year is your boat? I believe in 2020 they upgraded the size of wiring going for the integrated wiring harness to that fuse panel.

2018 wiring diagram shows 10ga from battery to relay that feeds fuse panel power. That being said, currently running 2 helix 12's, M360, GLS box, and 73CV without any voltage drop issues with x2 agm.

What battery are you using? And the age? Could be a culprit
    2022 with a brand new 31 series Pro Guide AGM. Doubt the battery is the issue. Running a 106sv, helix 12, helix 9, and the gls. All I know is there apparently isn’t enough voltage cause I can’t run everything all at once. Need to have one of the units off.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman1282 View Post
    2022 with a brand new 31 series Pro Guide AGM. Doubt the battery is the issue. Running a 106sv, helix 12, helix 9, and the gls. All I know is there apparently isn’t enough voltage cause I can’t run everything all at once. Need to have one of the units off.
    Alright this might seem like a stupid question but bear with me. Are your electronics tied into the "A" or "B" side of the fuse block?

The lower half of the fuse block has power supplied through the power switch at the console. This is meant to be things that just need switched power and not sensitive to voltage.

The top half is powered direct from battery and activated via relay and should have a cleaner power source for electronics.

7. Member
    Alright this might seem like a stupid question but bear with me. Are your electronics tied into the "A" or "B" side of the fuse block?

The lower half of the fuse block has power supplied through the power switch at the console. This is meant to be things that just need switched power and not sensitive to voltage.

The top half is powered direct from battery and activated via relay and should have a cleaner power source for electronics.
    This is correct "A" block for gls or graphs. I called Phoenix they told me the same thing.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    This is correct "A" block for gls or graphs. I called Phoenix they told me the same thing.
    2018 wiring diagram shows 10ga from battery to A side, but that is where I believe that in 2020 they upped it to 8ga.

9. Member
    I have a 2022 with integrated wiring package and the wiring to the fuse block is definitely not 8 gauge. I run a sea clear harness, and I think that’s 8 gauge. Much larger than what the fuse black has. With that said, my friends run solix and helix graphs off the block with livescope and 360 with no issues. They have ionic lithium cranking batteries though.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

10. Member

Two graphs at bow are on B side, the console graph and GLS are on the A side.

11. Member
    Running 2 solix 12’s, 2 helix 12’s, mega 360, garmin 126, livescope off the sea clear power harness. All running at the same time over 12 volts all day off a x2 group 31 agm. I had 3 graphs and 360 running off of integrated wiring system on the boat and was experiencing voltage in the 11’s. Got the harness and couldn’t be more happier with it.