Thread: Ghost Issue

Ghost Issue

Ok guys, went to the water tonight with the wife, motored to our first spot. Plugged my Ghost in and turn it on, got the normal beeps. Pulled the cable and deployed it then when I stepped on the pedal it beeps quickly 5 times then the directional arrow start to flash two times, pause, two times, repeat over and over. It did this once before and I did a factory reset and it was fine. Tonight, hard reset, no bueno. Reinstalled the latest software version with no help. Had to cut my trip short...

2. Member
    Here is the beep and LED Light pattern in the Operator's Manual:

Audible error messages
    In the event that an error occurs, the trolling motor will emit 3 short beeps (signaling an error),
    followed by a specific beep pattern to indicate the error.
    Beep pattern Letter(s) Error
    ... .-- SW Software version mismatch between pedal and trolling motor
    Retry the trolling motor software update
    -- M Propulsion motor error
    Perform a power cycle to reset the unit. If the problem
    persists, please contact a service center
    -... B Blocked shaft
    -.-. C Foot pedal not calibrated
    .- ... AS Invalid shaft angle
    .- .--. AP Invalid foot pedal angle
    .... H Invalid heading information
    Check compass connection
    --. G Invalid COG
    Missing GPS signal
    .--. P Invalid position
    Missing GPS signal
    -. N Invalid navigation data
    Check multifunction display navigation source selectio
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    Thanks Marc, none of those codes line up with the beeps that were coming from mine. Of course in the driveway yesterday it was working fine.

4. Member
    Do you have a power pole charge by chance? My Ghost is having a similiar on again off again issue and the power pole charge seems to be the culprit.

5. Member
    5 beeps and a double led flash indicates a hardware error. Mine did this the 2nd time I had it on the water. Customer service determined it needed a new lower unit so now it has been sent off for repair. When it happened, all functions seemed to work except propullsion.

6. Member
    Interesting. When I hit spot lock sometimes I will have the directional arrow flash twice and nothing. This can happen several times in a row and then I hit spot lock and it will work. I recalibrated the directional arrow and the ghost and it was working fine again, but then got the ole double flash again. Hope its not a hardware issue.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

7. Member
    No PP charge, I use the MK PC345 for charging.

Kdixer - thanks for that, I need to call support and probably find a repair center that I can take it. It was dead when the error was happening, no turning of the lower unit or prop.

8. Member
    Mine did this a couple times and then finally stopped working completely. Just had the 5 beeps and 2 rapid blinks with no other response. I pulled the head cover off and found it full of water. No water in the lower unit which I found odd. It had a major internal short and burned a hole through the pcb board. You might try taking the cover off to check for water intrusion. Theres a dozen or so torx head screws and its open. Youll find a silicone gasket that encapsulates the electronics. Lowrance support is pretty helpful if youre comfortable with some minor mechanical work to diagnose your issue. Theyll provide instructions too

9. Member
    Ok update on my TM. I remembered that I had reversed the TM head direction when the unit was powered off so the prop was on the outside instead of the inside when stowed to try and make the cover fit better. I put it back to the inside, powered it up, deployed and it worked. It has worked perfectly since with no issues, I just spent a week on Mullett Lake and not a single issue the entire time.

10. Member
    Glad you are back in business. Thanks for letting us know.
    ciao,
    Marc

11. Member
    You can set prop in or prop out in Autopilot so it always goes where you want it when stowing the TM and it does not screw up your calibration either.

12. Member
    And it's back, wife and I went out Sunday morning, turned on, exact same issues, factory reset no bueno. Pulled it off the boat yesterday and sending over to Roy at Wacky Riggers for repair.