Thread: CX21 Propping

CX21 Propping

Loaded question. What are most of you turning for a prop on a CX21 w/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4S? I'm getting close to finishing my break in on my new rig. I'm breaking it in with a Bravo 1FS 25.5. Based on my past experience, I'm betting a 25 Tempest Plus will make the starting lineup for the best top end speed prop.

2. Member
    55 reviews and no input? I'm on this forum to look for assistance and share my experiences to assist others. Here's my thoughts, Caymas ships this boat with a 24 Fury and many of you have seen very good results. Triton also sent their boats out with the Fury, again it's a great prop but lacks lift in certain setups. Many variables but some of the locals that I know are seeing better results from the 25 Tempest on this rig. The Tempest likes to run higher and definitely has more lift than the Fury. I'm breaking in with a Bravo 1FS 25.5, this prop is a beast but I don't think it will produce the desired top end that I'm looking for. Almost all my props go to Mark Croxton for some love, it would be appreciated that those that have already put in the effort share your experience's. I will send a detailed prop review when I'm done, just like I did on the Triton forum with my previous TRX21.

I tried out 4 props on my 2020 CX21 with Merc. It came with a 24 Fury. I couldn't get it to turn the needed RPM's. Tried a 24 Tempest...good RPM's but only got like 64 out of it. Tried a 25 Tempest...great top end (70+) with 2 fellas but would only turn about 5600. All of the 3 blades had to be driven a lot due to chine. I talked to Mark and decided to go with his 23 Razor XL 4 blade. I sacrificed some top end but still get 68-70 loaded and the boat drives itself. If you run light the 24 Fury might be your prop...but most likely a 23 Fury for a tournament setup is the best 3 blade option.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    I tried out 4 props on my 2020 CX21 with Merc. It came with a 24 Fury. I couldn't get it to turn the needed RPM's. Tried a 24 Tempest...good RPM's but only got like 64 out of it. Tried a 25 Tempest...great top end (70+) with 2 fellas but would only turn about 5600. All of the 3 blades had to be driven a lot due to chine. I talked to Mark and decided to go with his 23 Razor XL 4 blade. I sacrificed some top end but still get 68-70 loaded and the boat drives itself. If you run light the 24 Fury might be your prop...but most likely a 23 Fury for a tournament setup is the best 3 blade option.
    Thank you sir.

5. Member

Nice info. What rpm are you getting loaded with the Croxton prop?

Quote Originally Posted by Hnddog View Post
    Nice info. What rpm are you getting loaded with the Croxton prop?
    6000 loaded heavy....just me running light 6200. I captain for the High School team here so I usually have 3 people and a bass pro shop in my boat LOL when I'm loaded.

7. Member
    This fits with my experience. From this description, I think the Bravo 1FS 25.5 might be similar to the 25 Razor XL 4 blade. ~70mph +/- 1 mph based on elevation and load with the Bravo 1 FS 25.5 for me. I didn't like my 25 tempest, but have head that a worked one makes all the difference and has good top end. My experience was less bow lift and 5600-5800 rpm. I mostly use a 24 Fury, and can fly 74+ with the boat empty, but loaded with two big guys I spin it 5800 and run 68-71, and to be fair, it has a little damage on it. A 23 Fury, or a "23.5" is probably the sweet spot for top end with a tournament load.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    I'm running the stock fury and getting around 5750 rpms and 66 to 68 loaded 2 guys...I put the shims in and it didn't do anything....im wondering the same to get max rpms and a few more mph
    GET THE NET. IT\'S A GIANT!!!!