My original boat was a 296 TF with Merc 200 EFI running a 23p Tempest plus. With the engine issues I was experiencing it never got out of the hole very well but as soon as it was on plane I could immediately start trimming it up to get on pad. I have since sold that boat and now have a 396 TF with 225 Honda running a 24p Fury. It seems to be really sensitive to weight in the boat. During the recent crappie spawn I had 3 guys with minimal tackle and maybe half a tank of fuel and it took FOREVER to get up, even had to have a guy get on the front deck, then when it finally did I have to baby it up on pad. 65mph on GPS is the best I've seen at about 5600 rpm (on the tach only) which is fine for me regarding top speed, I knew I was gonna give a little away with the Honda anyway. My question is would I get better performance out of a Tempest plus? Is Charger a heavy boat comparatively? I've read the tempests do better with heavier loads, and could potentially even give me better top end performance. See below for minor details and let me know what other information might help.

2015 225 Honda
24p Fury
8" manual jackplate

Reading up on props can get confusing so I figured I'd reach out to my Charger brethren and see what input you all had. Thanks in advance