Off limit area around the ramp

For those of you that fish club tournaments or local trails, how large an area around the launch ramp is considered off limits?
    2014 Basscat Margay/ 2014 Mercury 150 hp Optimax Pro XS
    24p Signature SL4 four one inch vent holes

2. Member
    Probably fished 5 different trails in the last few years and none had off limits around the ramp.

3. Member
    Thank you for your response. Would also love to hear from someone who fishes in a club.
    2014 Basscat Margay/ 2014 Mercury 150 hp Optimax Pro XS
    24p Signature SL4 four one inch vent holes

I fished a couple with a local club, and ran my own trail that was club-like for a few years, and neither had an off limits area.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

The three clubs I have been in do not typically have an off limits area. However one, marina we launched out of asked us not to fish the fuel dock. We obliged. I have heard of clubs making the no wake zone of the launch area off limits but never experienced it myself. The BASS/MLF College tournaments usually have the launch area off limits.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    No wake zone around ramp as off limits.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    The three clubs I have been in do not typically have an off limits area. However one, marina we launched out of asked us not to fish the fuel dock. We obliged. I have heard of clubs making the no wake zone of the launch area off limits but never experienced it myself. The BASS/MLF College tournaments usually have the launch area off limits.
    No one should ever fish around a marina fuel dock during business hours, just common courtesy.

The only time I've ever seen a ramp area off limits is in a multi-day tournament when the fish are released at/near the ramp. During those tournaments the director picked an easy to see,visual marker as the off limits area such as marker buoys or just made the entire pocket off limits. Never had an off limits area in a club or single day tournament that I can recall.

9. Member
    Example of our lakes in Missouri on Lake of The Ozarks. The cove we take out of is PB2. There is a map they will show you on that is no fishing 1/4 mile on each side of the cove. You can have 10 boats set on points or fish those other coves and all will come in with 20 lbs bags. All tournaments should have off limits if they release the fish there.

To the gentleman who said that about gas docks. When I lived in Mo I owned a gas dock after it was passed down to me. It was there 35 years. This was a question put to us yearly by the department of conservation and it never passed nor should it pass. They wanted to know if we wanted gas docks off limits to fishermen. Most of the owners fished and of course we said no. It’s revenue and I mean big revenue. You can preach all you want about hooks getting in our hoses. When I closed it down I had to have all hoses, cables, 4 concrete slabs 10’x10’ completely removed and there was 1000’s of hooks on the hoses. They CAN NOT puncture the hoses. Don’t let anyone tell you different they will prove you wrong every time. I had so many big brush piles UNDER my dock it was crazy like. Bass absolutely love gas docks. I fish a gas dock every chance I can if I’m a tournament. Never a reason to prefish gas docks because all hold many and I mean many BIG BASS.