Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I was on the northern end of Cayuga yesterday. I caught a few females that appear spawned out. Water temp was 71 .
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

2. Member
    How are the Smallies doing in Cayuga? Anyone going after them? 71 degree water, you think they made their way out deep already.

3. Member
    I believe I used to rent a cottage on/near Goose Bay over 30 years ago. We stopped going there because it's either the speed boats, sail boats, water skiers, jet bikes, pleasure boats or freighters going by. The place was called Green Acres and had a in-ground pool surrounded by tall pines trees that kept the water cold. Anyone here remember the place.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Markallan27 View Post
    How are the Smallies doing in Cayuga? Anyone going after them? 71 degree water, you think they made their way out deep already.
    if chasing them on the north end on the wrong end anyway .. there in spawn stage on southern end water 58 to 62, its hot and heavy

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    if chasing them on the north end on the wrong end anyway .. there in spawn stage on southern end water 58 to 62, its hot and heavy
    Lol.

6. Member
    All of this is great info. Thank you all.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    I believe I used to rent a cottage on/near Goose Bay over 30 years ago. We stopped going there because it's either the speed boats, sail boats, water skiers, jet bikes, pleasure boats or freighters going by. The place was called Green Acres and had a in-ground pool surrounded by tall pines trees that kept the water cold. Anyone here remember the place.
    Fireball,
    You are going to find that all over the St Lawrence River, especially the lakers, other carriers, and tour boats. I was fishing near Murray Isl, where the freaking tour boat came so close to me that I was ready to get my flares.
    This is one of my favorite spots in Fisher's Landing where you have to content with ships close and personal, and the other of 2 of them crossing by Singer castle. They make beautiful pictures, but very bumpy rollers hang on to your seat deal for a minute or 2. I got some nice vid's of Poker runs and CAF flying over Boldt Castle.
    .Thunder Bay 2.jpg
    ships passing Chippewa Bay.jpg

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Fireball,
    You are going to find that all over the St Lawrence River, especially the lakers, other carriers, and tour boats. I was fishing near Murray Isl, where the freaking tour boat came so close to me that I was ready to get my flares.
    This is one of my favorite spots in Fisher's Landing where you have to content with ships close and personal, and the other of 2 of them crossing by Singer castle. They make beautiful pictures, but very bumpy rollers hang on to your seat deal for a minute or 2. I got some nice vid's of Poker runs and CAF flying over Boldt Castle.
    .Thunder Bay 2.jpg
    ships passing Chippewa Bay.jpg
    Yes, they are amazing to watch but I like a quieter setting so we no longer go there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Yes, they are amazing to watch but I like a quieter setting so we no longer go there.
    Fireball,
    there is many quit places places up there, especially toward Clayton way in any of the bays of the bigger islands like Grindstone, Picton, Murray, and there is a picture of something I thought would never see while bass fishing.
    Just caught a nice 3# smallie that I release and started to head back into the bay near Picnic Point state park on Grindstone island, within a few minute I had to stop fishing cause look what showed up. I think he is a little bigger than 3#.
    Talk about a quit place!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by digthemup; 06-11-2022 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassranger View Post
    You guys from out of State are unreal. Why don’t you just come up and figure out what they’re doing just like the rest of us. In couple of weeks when the season is open you’re probably the guys that take stringer full of fish back home with you like I see every year. Good fishing dude.
    We ended up having a nice week. Our top 25 bass averaged 4.68lbs. (all smallmouth) and the biggest was 6.41. I guess we did alright figuring it out. All fish were safely released. The number of 3-4lb. fish was astronomical and we had some mixed species (pike, walleye, even the famous rock bass) in the mix. The spawn stage was mixed. Some were still coming in, others were done, etc. But still dropshot and hair jigs dominated the trip. Thank you to all of you who helped to contribute to this thread. Good fishing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12