Bluegill on reelfoot

Any of you guys fishing Reelfoot for Bluegill ?

2. Member
    No but quite few years back I think it was Bill Dance did a show there and smoked them.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

3. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    When I was a kid (many many years ago) we lived in Memphis. Every few times a summer we’d go to reelfoot and rent one of those little, narrow, green boats with the little engines and we’d catch big bream! I’d love to go back there sometime

4. Member
    I grew up fishing on Reelfoot about 4-6 times per year. Loved it. Back in 2004 I took the youngest son down there on our annual "father son" trip. It was a great time and we smacked the brim. I've got some nephews and grands down in that neck of the woods and I'm really wanting to go back down and take them out for 3 or 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVarble View Post
    I grew up fishing on Reelfoot about 4-6 times per year. Loved it. Back in 2004 I took the youngest son down there on our annual "father son" trip. It was a great time and we smacked the brim. I've got some nephews and grands down in that neck of the woods and I'm really wanting to go back down and take them out for 3 or 4 days.
    Mark,
    How are you fishing for them down there? Crickets, worms, jigs?? Thanks for any advice Reelfoot is on my bucket list..
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

6. Member
    It’s been over 20 years since I was there. We used redworms and night crawlers. Probably caught as many catfish as we did bluegill. The bluegills were hand size or better. The catfish were good eating size too. Go on YouTube and look up bluebank resort. They have updates for fishing and usually you can catch a video also.

Quote Originally Posted by mperry View Post
    It’s been over 20 years since I was there. We used redworms and night crawlers. Probably caught as many catfish as we did bluegill. The bluegills were hand size or better. The catfish were good eating size too. Go on YouTube and look up bluebank resort. They have updates for fishing and usually you can catch a video also.
    Thanks I will look them up.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wgammill View Post
    Mark,
    How are you fishing for them down there? Crickets, worms, jigs?? Thanks for any advice Reelfoot is on my bucket list..
    Crickets

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVarble View Post
    Crickets
    Thanks!!
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

10. Member
    Fly rod and black gnat fly !!!!!! LOad THE BOAT !!!!!!