Three Things God Cannot Do

1. God cannot lie.

Hebrews 6:18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

​2.God cannot change.

‹Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I do not change,

.​3. God cannot let you into Heaven without being saved by accepting Jesus as your Savior .

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    John 6:67-69 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, " Do you want to go away?"68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."1 John 2:2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 13:38-39 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; 39 and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses. Romans 3:22-24 even the righteousness of God, through Faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Hopefully those who have not surrendered to His will will heed these scriptures and accept the greatest gift of all. The gift of Eternal Life.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

2. Member
    You will find many instances where God has said 'I repent......' which some have misunderstood this as God changing. However, when you read the entire chapter, we find out the regret God was talking about is usually man's fault.

3. Member
    Thanks Dig. I always appreciate your thoughts and you have gift of making what I am attempting to convey so much clearer.

I think the context I was thinking of is that God is alway Holy and Righteous and cannot deny Himself.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    Holeshot
    Your statement was correct within itself, but there was a posting months back, which OP tried to use God's repenting as an attempt to convey it as ' God changed what He said'.

God is always Holy and Righteous and cannot deny Himself.

the above statement is very clear in the covenants God make with Abraham to where God said ' By myself I have sworn', for there in no one higher than GOD.

5. Member
    Amen!

To God be the glory, great things He has done! 🛐🙏😇⛪️
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

6. Member
    The book of Jonah is the perfect example of God repenting. More proof He gives us freewill that can take us from His wrath to His mercy
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    The book of Jonah is the perfect example of God repenting. More proof He gives us freewill that can take us from His wrath to His mercy
    Excellent example, especially God pointing out to Jonah about those innocent ones who were too young to understand right from wrong.
    Last edited by digthemup; 06-04-2022 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Excellent example, especially God pointing out to Jonah about those innocent ones who were too young to understand right from wrong.
    I didn't remember that part. I better read it again. A city that is 3 days walk to cross it is pretty big. I agree it is a great example of
    1.God's grace,
    2. people that we wouldn't think would repent, repenting
    3. how we can sometimes want God's judgment to fall on others
    I can learn a lot from this :)

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    I didn't remember that part. I better read it again. A city that is 3 days walk to cross it is pretty big. I agree it is a great example of
    1.God's grace,
    2. people that we wouldn't think would repent, repenting
    3. how we can sometimes want God's judgment to fall on others
    I can learn a lot from this :)

10. Member
    Hey Dig, I read it again and I am not seeing where it talks about the young that were too young to know right from wrong. Are you getting that from the last verse in chapter 4 where it talks about the people not knowing their left hand from their right hand?
    Jonah 4:11 11And should I not pity Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred and twenty thousand persons who cannot discern between their right hand and their left—and much livestock?”

11. Member
    Jonah 4:11 and should not I spare Nin'eveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons (120000) that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand (too young to understand right from wrong.); and also much cattle?

12. Member
    Jonah 4:11 and should not I spare Nin'eveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons (120000) that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand (too young to understand right from wrong.); and also much cattle?
    Makes sense, just doesn't clearly say "children". I wondered if could have meant lack of discernment of right and wrong based on cultural norms, but children seems to make the most sense.

13. Member
    You have brought out a good point that I happen to be discussing this weekend at a gathering about how I strongly I believe that God looks at things yesterday, today and tomorrow without any change to His judgement, therefore, as i think about how God and Christ (God that took human form) have referred to children and very young adult, even in Deuteronomy pertaining to the laws, I perceive it as similar without change in God's eyes.

Therefore, we are going back to 2nd question in the OP, GOD cannot change. Amen

14. Member
    Great post! Praise the Lord!