Removing injectors.

'94 150 XRi. Detailed instructions on how to remove injectors please. Thanks.

2. Member
    Alex im not sure of you motor but on my 0ptimax i simply let the fuel pressure off using the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. then unplugged the wire (mine has a wire clip that holds it on) then two screws to remove the plate that holds it in. from there it's a matter of twisting and pulling get it free. its held in by o-rings so it my take some effort .

3. Member
    Best to get a factory manual. Have to pull the intake on an efi. Not hard but the manual will help. Need a couple of gaskets too if I recall.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caddelma View Post
    Best to get a factory manual. Have to pull the intake on an efi. Not hard but the manual will help. Need a couple of gaskets too if I recall.
    ^^^ This.

You have TWO separate threads asking the same question, BTW. I'll delete the other one.

Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thank you.

6. Member
    pull the computer,pull the vst off, unbolt the intake and pull it off, unscrew the two screws holding the inlet and outlet fuel tubes and pull those out, unbolt the 4 allen bolts holding the fuel rail and unclip all the elec plug ins to injectors, wiggle out injectors