Thread: Pro max

Pro max

Just curious if anyone has tried a Promax on an older triton t r-21, 2002 or older and with what setup, just repowered mine, went from 225 carb to 250xs 2 stroke and removed 3 size 31 agm TM batteries and went lithium so gained hp, alot of low end torqe and ditched almost 300lb off the rear so time to figure out what prop to try and dial it in, prob gonna go with fury 26 and have my 26p trophy reworked to 27 but im sure I'm not the only one that's running a similar rig

2. Member
    I'm a USMC Vet also, but that's not why I'm answering this thread. I just got though testing a Pro Max 24 inch pitch on my 2012 21HP. I have a 300 Pro XS 4 stroke so your pitch numbers will be different. I had to run a blowout ring and two solid plugs or else the prop would blow out on break over. Hole shot was ok by myself, but slow with a partner and 1 live wells full. I have a hydraulic jack plate and would have to lower it for. Est hole shot then raise it for best speed. The Pro Max is a small hub prop like the Trophy,. it is the hardest pulling prop and most bow lifting prop I have ever ran. Also my boat is heavy loaded with to much tackle. Nice prop but can be hard to get to run right. YMMV.