Mega 360 question

Looking to add this currently running all lowrance so just want to add a head unit and transducer as cheap as possible.

not really familiar with all the models i know the transducer is @ $1300 ish which head unit will work and give me the best bang for the buck so to speak..

Units that support MEGA 360 are DI+ and SI+. It is a rotating Side Imaging transducer.
    The lowest cost units are the Helix series that are not touch screen.
    MEGA 360 replaces SI on a SI+ models and adds SI to DI+ models so DI+ would be the most economical choice.
    In the SI+ models there are 8”, 9”, 10”, 12”, and 15” screen sizes.
    In the DI+ models there are 9”, 10”, 12”, and 15” screen sizes.
    You will need a Y cable to connect both the M360 and sonar/Imaging transducer to the display.
    Refer to the Humminbird website for the MSRP of each one.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    thanks for the response

4. Member
    Wayne,

I have a helix 7 MSI G3. I know it isn’t 360 compatible. If I get the helix 9 mdi g4n CHO and add the mega 360 transducer, the 360 transducer will give me mega side (plus 360) and then I can use my existing transducer from the helix 7 (the shorter msi transducer) to get mega down and 2d? Is that all correct?

thanks
    rick

Quote Originally Posted by casts_by_fly View Post
    Wayne,

I have a helix 7 MSI G3. I know it isn’t 360 compatible. If I get the helix 9 mdi g4n CHO and add the mega 360 transducer, the 360 transducer will give me mega side (plus 360) and then I can use my existing transducer from the helix 7 (the shorter msi transducer) to get mega down and 2d? Is that all correct?

thanks
    rick
    A Helix 7 SI model doesn't have Down Imaging so there is no DI piezo in the Compact MEGA SI transducer. Its DI views are Composite DI created by blending the two SI pulses.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Thanks. So I’d end up with the same level of down imaging I have now, keep my 2d, and add 360 and an improved side imaging via the 360 transducer. To be honest, I find down imaging the least useful for me so what I have now is just fine.

thanks,
    rick

Quote Originally Posted by casts_by_fly View Post
    Thanks. So I’d end up with the same level of down imaging I have now, keep my 2d, and add 360 and an improved side imaging via the 360 transducer. To be honest, I find down imaging the least useful for me so what I have now is just fine.

thanks,
    rick
    No Down Imaging using the Helix 7 SI transducer.
    Same HW CHIRP 2D sonar.
    Better quality SI since the larger units have better processors, the SI piezos are about the same length as the Compact SI transducer so no improved Image quality due to the transducer.

This is SI from the MEGA 360 with a Helix 12:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL