Need a good cover. 190tx--Tracker Cover sucks!

Looking for recommendations for a cover. Have a factory Tracker cover that is brand new and in one rainstorm I had buckets of water in my bilge.

2. Member
    I too have a factory Tracker cover that has one of the side tie downs torn off. So, I'll be watching this thread

When I first got my 190 TX I had the same issue with water in the bilge. I simply raised the front of the boat, when storing, to a higher angle, In the winter I put an additional tarp across the back end. I've gone 4 years with no more problem
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

3. Member
    Dowco covers fit like a glove, they are all I've ever owned. Go to their website and pick your cover, they have the measurements. You won't be disappointed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Dowco covers fit like a glove, they are all I've ever owned. Go to their website and pick your cover, they have the measurements. You won't be disappointed.
    Doesn't Dowco make Tracker's cover?

5. Member
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Member
    2nd on the 303
    Outlaw Bass

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Doesn't Dowco make Tracker's cover?
    Yes they do, that's why they fit like a glove.

8. Member
    tracker.jpg
    Yes they do, that's why they fit like a glove.
    They fit and look great, but I tried again, making sure it was pulled tight, trailer jack up as high as possible to allow run-off, tent poles underneath, and last night in NJ it rained like crazy and this morning I pulled the plug out of the boat and had buckets of water come out. The cover I have came new in the box and I used it maybe once before. Seems like it can only handle light rain, anymore than that and it soaks through.

I hate to go back to my $30 Walmart tarp (that stays 100 percent waterproof for at least 6-7 months before I have to buy another one) because it looks pretty ghetto.

9. Member
    I can tell you that here in Florida it pours rain hard.... at this point were in the rainy season in fact. Rains hard everyday around 3pm. My carpet is dry. I can see from your picture that your cover has "bowl" areas where water can sit and eventually work through. You need to place a pair of boat cover support poles in a way that creates a tent like situation and the water will run down to the sides of the boat and off. I dont use them because I leave my casting seats on all the time which creates the tent like structure Im talking about. I get a little water in the very back where the engine is because the cover is cut out for the engine to fit. But thats pretty minor because the plug is out and the jack is as high as it can go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John_6788; 06-09-2022 at 04:02 PM.
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

10. Member
    Why are you leaving the plug in it? The whole point of jacking up the front is so the water drains out.
    Last edited by Ajojo; 06-09-2022 at 07:54 PM.

11. Member
    Looks like you have the wrong cover by looking at the way it fits over your TM.

12. Member
    Dawco covers are breathable. They seem to breath a little to much and let water in too. I took my worn out dawco to a Amish guy and had a cover custom made it fit as good as the Dawco but does not let any water in. Its made out of a Sunbrella fabric like but not same. Its very heavy and does not let any light in. I like that Dawco lets light in and are light but not the longest lasting
    material

13. Member
    Looks like you have the wrong cover by looking at the way it fits over your TM.
    Well the cover came with the boat and I've since gotten an Ultrex. Trying to make this work.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajojo View Post
    Why are you leaving the plug in it? The whole point of jacking up the front is so the water drains out.
    I hear ya, but my goal is to have no water running through the boat at all, which I achieved with the tarp (as long as I bought a new one every 7 months, because they eventually lose their waterproofing. I do realize over winter storage I should take the plug out, but during the season I don't want to forget to put it back in. lol.

I'm going to try some of the suggestions on here and see if I can prop it up better to avoid puddling. I'm pretty sure my cover is only "water resistant" and not "waterproof" that leaves little margin for error.

15. Member
    I take the plug out after every use. One of the first things I do after I pull it out of the water. I think a lot of the water comes in from the opening in the rear where the motor cables come through.
    Last edited by Ajojo; 06-16-2022 at 03:53 PM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajojo View Post
    I take the plug out after every use. One of the first things I do after I pull it out of the water. I think a lot of the water comes in from the opening in the rear where the motor cables come through.
    Agreed, as it's the law in most states.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

17. Member
    Hello
    Not sure about your tarps. However you can by a bottle/jug of this repellant and keep redoing your tarp with it ever 6 months until the tarp wears out and then replace it. Prolongs the changeout period.

https://www.amazon.com/303-Products-.../dp/B0000AY1W7
    UPGRADES

• PRO TEAM 175TXW
    • LOWRANCE TI2
    • LORANCE HOOK5 REVEAL
    • BOATBUCKLES
    • MERCURY VESSELVIEW
    • TRAILER FRONT STEP
    • QUICKSILVER 4 BLADE PROP