Thread: Mark Twain

Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Mark Twain

Anybody been up on the lake lately? I am thinking about running up the middle of next week for a couple days. How are the bass biting? cannot find any updated reports.

2. Member
    Watching this! I am going up Saturday morning and fishing through Sunday afternoon. I know the crappie were on a couple of weeks ago, so I would think the bass fishing should be improving.

3. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    Thursday, was a good day bass fishing, We had close to 15 lbs in 5 fish. Caught 11 keepers and only 4 shorts. Friday was a little slower. fished a different area. 5 keepers but only 12 lbs. Saturday 5 keepers was only 11 lbs. All fish caught on topwater and plastics.
    Good luck fish and be safe. The boats on the week-end up there seem to keep getting bigger and more of them. Some areas were really rough.

4. Member
    Got on the lake about 10 am Saturday. It was hot and humid. Ran into 2 guys fishing one of 2 tournaments out of Spaulding up in Big Indian. They said they had caught 8 keepers, but caught them all early in the morning the biggest about 4lb. They said the bite had gotten very tough by the time we hit the water. I caught 5 - 6 shorts and just 1 barley legal keeper on a fire tiger crank bait. Only fished a couple of hours then took the girlfriend for a boat ride to Indian Creek marina for an ice cream. Water color around Indian Creek marina was vey muddy looking. Went out again Sunday about 8 am, very few fisherman out, once again very humid but had some cloud cover. Caught 5 - 6 more shorts on a wacky rig and the girlfriend caught 2 shorts on a crank bait. Put the boat back on the trailer about noon and headed home.
    There was a tournament out of 107 where 16 of 26 boats boated a limit. Bite was on Saturday morning. Pretty good limits for a post spawn tourney.