Where is the pole?

Once again this is a post about my good buddy’s new VX 20. So I fished out of it with him and it is a pretty amazing boat. Lots and lots of things done right on this boat.

he has the steps to the bow on his trailer but there is nothing to grab, no pole. Is there a pole as an option or is this just the way Vexus does it?

2. Member
    I wonder if they had problems with the boat hitting the pole on loading or something.

3. Member
    2 step version does not have a pole. The 3 step version has a pole. Bass Boat Concepts makes a pole for the 2 step version.
    2021 Vexus VX20
    250 Pro XS V8

4. Member
    Awesome. Thanks!

5. Member
    I don't understand why they have the 2 step option. Its a bit of a PIA compared to the 3 step or other options like Trick Step. Seems they should just offer it with no steps or with the 3 step upgrade and price accordingly. My boat has the 2 step and I will probably replace it with a Trick Step. The Trick Step price is lower than the price for a 3 step from Vexus.

Trick Step makes the steps for Vexus, at least they did in 2020 when my boat was built. They just make them with a weld flange instead of a bolted flange like the ones you purchase aftermarket.

I’m guessing they don’t build the two step ones with a pole because that’s what Vexus specified

7. Member
    Does Trick Step make a step for VX series boats?
    2021 Vexus VX20
    250 Pro XS V8

They make steps for all makes. Call them up and discuss what you want as the angle of winch stands can differ.

9. Member
    Bass boat concepts makes a pole that attaches to a “new” top step for the 2 step option. It fits over top of the Vexus top step and bolts to it which makes the top step wider. Good option if you have the two step trailer option.

10. Member
    Thanks for showing us this!

Quote Originally Posted by sapwood2012 View Post
    Bass boat concepts makes a pole that attaches to a “new” top step for the 2 step option. It fits over top of the Vexus top step and bolts to it which makes the top step wider. Good option if you have the two step trailer option.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Thanks for showing us this!