Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’d take a 65mph boat with lithium than a 72mph boat with lead, just saying. You will figure it out. The wedges should be the ticket.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

2. Member
    I have a 919 and switched out 3 AGM's to 100AH Lithium's and I still can run 77 with that set set up. Only things I changed was two notches up on the JP and moved all my heavy plastics to the port rear locker. But every boat is different
    Risen From The Ashes!!

3. Member
    My team partner changed the batteries in his 921 pro Xp, and it changed everything for the negative. Much slower and very different on the trolling motor. Boat drifts all over the place now.

4. Member
    bobs 2 inch spacers added between jackplate and motor will redistribute wight to rear and give u your lift back best $120 u will spend

Also wedges will give you a tad more setback as well. Maybe a full inch overall.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

It makes sense to add setback

I went all 4 lithiums and top speed is still 77 but holeshot is even faster. 2019 920 Pro XP. I still run atlas JP on same settings. I would put the lead back in before spending money and verify it does pickup top end speed

8. Member
    I bought my boat and never ran it with lead acid batteries but this thread makes me wonder. I am only getting 68-70 out of a boat that I thought would run low 70 and I don't get any lift. I makes sense that losing the weight out of the back would make it harder to lift the bow, but there has to be a prop that will lift this thing. Can't wait to see if you figure it out. Keep us posted. BTW, what numbers were you seeing with the Bravo and what are you at now?

9. Member
    It’s common knowledge that lithiums lower top end ! try filling port livewell and see
    if it helps ? worked for a buddy of mine with his 921 Pro
    Xp

Quote Originally Posted by sblnchrd View Post
    bobs 2 inch spacers added between jackplate and motor will redistribute wight to rear and give u your lift back best $120 u will spend
    This guy has your answer.

I have a Ranger and always read the Phenix threads as this may be my next boat. Several guys in my club, me included have went to lithiums. All lost speed right off the bat, but after playing we all got it back with playing with jackplate. Everyone had to lower the motor, more than expected. I am at a 1/2 lower and have all my speed back, it has helped so much Im going another .250 inch. The boat floats higher with lithium which actually shortens the leverage required to provide hull lift. Id start lowering the motor and try it. We did sone fancy drawings to get a idea of what was going on. Good luck
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

12. Member
    So the 2in spaces would ultimately be like going from a 12in jackplate to a 14in jackplate, am I correct?

13. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Well.....think of the boat this way.......the boat is like a teeter totter with the fulcrum or balance point at the edge of the pad. The rear of the boat had, I'm assuming, 4 AGM's weighting around 70LB (?) each, that's like 280LB!. That's the one end of the teeter totter. The other end is unchanged. So that is like adding that weight to the bow once you removed it from the stern. Now your outboard has to lift all the extra weight and keep it up there while trying to gain speed and carry the bow. Setting that outboard back further will help as will adding some more gear back there and dropping the motor height a bit. An underpowered boat acts the same way, not enough power to carry the boat.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivebythree View Post
    So the 2in spaces would ultimately be like going from a 12in jackplate to a 14in jackplate, am I correct?
    I would not add 2" spacers to a 12" jack plate, 12" is about right for best performance on a 920, 721 and 921
    maybe add wedges but not spacers
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I would not add 2" spacers to a 12" jack plate, 12" is about right for best performance on a 920, 721 and 921
    maybe add wedges but not spacers
    Thanks. I was just meaning changing jackplate sizes is essentially the same thing right? Whether you're going from a 10 to 12 or 12 to 14 it's achieving the same goal as adding spacers. I wouldn't add spacers I would just change jackplate size. I have thought of trying the wedges though when I go to a lithium setup.

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivebythree View Post
    Thanks. I was just meaning changing jackplate sizes is essentially the same thing right? Whether you're going from a 10 to 12 or 12 to 14 it's achieving the same goal as adding spacers. I wouldn't add spacers I would just change jackplate size. I have thought of trying the wedges though when I go to a lithium setup.
    yep, we were using spacers to test a boat to see if it ran better to find out what size hydraulic jack plate to buy . my buddies had 8" and 10" manual plates and we ran the spacers temporally

the 19' Phoenix's all ran faster with a 10" and the 20 and 21" boats ran better with 12"
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12