Livewell Pump/Valve Assembly Mounting?

2007 Pro 201

My port livewell remote was sticking, it eventually snapped at console. I had to lay on my stomach and reach down into the bilge to open/close the livewell valve with pliers during my last tournament. I started to tear into my bilge the other night in an attempt to clean or replace that port valve, but it's anchored to the hull. It looks like it may just be a retaining clip of some kind, but it was already late and I figured I'd post on here and do some research to better diagnose the issue before I started ripping and tearing. Has anyone tore out their factory installed livewell system that could offer advice?

In mine, all the pumps are mounted to a sheet of aluminum in the bilge. There are 2 "U" shaped brackets the holds the valve and pump. The inlet port for the pump sits in the bracket and the nut just tightens it all down. Then the valve is screwed onto the inlet. Once you look at it better you'll see what I'm talking about. Here's a pic of mine with the pumps removed showing the brackets. And just an FYI, with mine, one of the valves was stuck to the pump. There was no removing it. I replaced all my pumps, valves and hoses earlier this year. And a good tip, take the battery compartment lid off. You can lay down on the back deck and get to everything so much easier.

Bilge Plate.jpg
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO