Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kojimep View Post
    Considering Georgia receives receives more in Federal dollars than they pay into Federal taxes, you're already getting something you don't think you should deserve. So you're just a hyprocite.
    Sounds like a taxing problem to me. Maybe the lower incomes should have some skin in the game.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Sounds like a taxing problem to me. Maybe the lower incomes should have some skin in the game.
    The one thing America does not have is an issue with taxing someone LOL. Our so called leaders have a spending problem. The people that got the 24th amendment passed were brilliant!

3. Member
    I don't think you understood. It means that Georgia is dependent on handouts from the federal government for their funding.

For example, West Virginia is generally is the 2nd most dependent state on Federal funding. They receive almost twice as much in federal funding as the whole state pays in.......

I agree it's a taxation problem, but not in the way you think lol.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    The one thing America does not have is a taxing issue LOL. Our so called leaders have a spending problem.
    I agree with that for sure. But his statement was Ga receives more Fed money than the people of Ga pay in. I don’t even know if that is true. Your are right though our leaders will always spend more than we take in. It’s like an addiction to them.

5. Member
    I agree with that for sure. But his statement was Ga receives more Fed money than the people of Ga pay in. I don’t even know if that is true. Your are right though our leaders will always spend more than we take in. It’s like an addiction to them.
    Most years there 30 or more states that receive more federal funding than than they pay in. The lines very nearly follow party lines also. The 2 very notable exceptions are New Mexico, which is usually the most dependent state, and Texas which is generally about the only red state that pays more than they receive.

6. Banned
    Considering Georgia receives receives more in Federal dollars than they pay into Federal taxes, you're already getting something you don't think you should deserve. So you're just a hyprocite.
    Presumption is killing society......... the United States of if it’s free it’s for me..... someone is paying it in some form or fashion I just don’t like that it’s my grand children

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    Got a letter saying I have made 36 more payments than I needed to for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program I am in because I am a teacher in a Title 1 school district and am enrolled in the program. They said I am in a final review process, but no date on when and how long that will take. Anyone else have a similar experience and know how long the process takes for a final review?
    Good for you for applying to have your bills paid by the government through loan forgiveness, but this will be the death of this country. People working hard that don't have their loans paid off by by the govt and others that get free stuff. Nothing directed at you, but this program is death of the USA. Mark my words. Someone paid for your loan forgiveness, remember that.... be thankful to us.

When you decide to go to college you assess your career future income vs. cost of school and you make a decision. I paid off all my debt and worked hard to do it.

And those that pushed this forgiveness program through owe us gas money.
    Last edited by Tom Tallman; 06-02-2022 at 03:38 PM.

8. Member
    But none of this will address the actual problem. Why is a college education so expensive? Something needs to be done to bring down the cost of an education in this country and i haven't heard any of the politicians coming up with a solution to this.

9. Member
    most of the folks in the us pay little or no federal income tax it is a surprising number of folks that carry the load of taxes paid in.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreels View Post
    But none of this will address the actual problem. Why is a college education so expensive? Something needs to be done to bring down the cost of an education in this country and i haven't heard any of the politicians coming up with a solution to this.
    Education =training....... if society demands higher training to the tune of a bachelors degree there will have to be yet another degree to separate the go getters from the rank and file that got the bachelor cuz it was there for the taking

11. Member
    I don't think you understood. It means that Georgia is dependent on handouts from the federal government for their funding.

For example, West Virginia is generally is the 2nd most dependent state on Federal funding. They receive almost twice as much in federal funding as the whole state pays in.......

I agree it's a taxation problem, but not in the way you think lol.
    Georgia and the rest of the reds are fine as long as they have the the 5th largest economy in the world propping them up.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    most of the folks in the us pay little or no federal income tax it is a surprising number of folks that carry the load of taxes paid in.
    This is what I was trying to say. Also stop the able bodied young people that can work from receiving government assistance.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreels View Post
    Get the Fed government out of the student loan business.

14. Member
    Nothing grips me more than any one bragging about getting any type of college loan forgiveness. People should be smart and keep their mouth shut. It's extremely offensive to those of us that worked our tails off to pay our college debt.

Look at me aren't I great and smart living off the fruits of your sweat. Good grief.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Nothing grips me more than any one bragging about getting any type of college loan forgiveness. People should be smart and keep their mouth shut. It's extremely offensive to those of us that worked our tails off to pay our college debt.

Look at me aren't I great and smart living off the fruits of your sweat. Good grief.
    Sounds like you have a jealousy problem. I also worked all through college, and paid off my own debts after graduating. I have ZERO problem with someone else getting their loan forgiven, least of all someone that chose to be a teacher.

16. Banned
    Sounds like you have a jealousy problem. I also worked all through college, and paid off my own debts after graduating. I have ZERO problem with someone else getting their loan forgiven, least of all someone that chose to be a teacher.
    In the spance between necessary income and total income breeds liberalism.........the larger the spance the more liberal ya are with it....... easy come easy go
    mentality

17. Member
    Why is a teacher more important than a common working man. Is the trash hauler a peice of trash? Does he not deserve something? So now only certain people are deserving and special. Ah forget it entitled people never do get it why try.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

18. Member
    Most years there 30 or more states that receive more federal funding than than they pay in. The lines very nearly follow party lines also. The 2 very notable exceptions are New Mexico, which is usually the most dependent state, and Texas which is generally about the only red state that pays more than they receive.
    More than 50% of the population pay no net income tax.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MI bassassassin View Post
    Doesn't stop them from complaining about having to (not) pay that tax amount.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MI bassassassin View Post
    Just for argument sake..... if they are employed the taxes they pay
    during the year the fed draws interest on that money so subsequently a portion of them to contribute

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast