trim down issue???

while out today had issue were the throttle trim switch and bow trim switch would only move motor down to within an inch or so of contacting outer trim rods however no issue with motor trim switch. Even once the motor was all the way down any switch was able to raise motor. Once I got home in driveway I raised and lowered couple times all the way from motor switch and now other switches. Had same problem a few times but now everything seems to be working again. What should I look for as the possible issue for this if it happens again, as I susbect it will as I have a small club tournament tomorrow.

2. Member
    This sounds like broken wires in the wire loom between your boat and the outboard. There are certain positions that break the continuity, but in most conditions the continuity is good.

3. Member
    got a price for new wire harness and not bad. So has anyone here changed theirs out and if so how bad was it?. Also considering just bypassing the old broken wire with a new wire without changing harness. Any thoughts??

4. Member
    Does your boat have Up/Down Trim Relays mounted in the boat. If so, it could be the Down Relay.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

5. Member
    Not sure I thought only relay would be the mounted to the engine. I will look into that though thanks