Gelcoat question

Going to redo my gelcoat because it is toast. No clear left and the metal flake which was originally Blue is mostly Silver. I was originally just going to shoot new clear over it but have decided it needs a refreshing of metal flake as well. My question is two fold. First can I just spray the new metal flake over the old or do I need to lay down another base coat? I believe the original base coat was black. This is also my first time working with gelcoat ( I know, I'm crazy for even considering it) but I'm determined to do it anyway win or lose. I am probably going to have to work in sections and tackle it over a period of time due to the fact that I work too. After laying down my last coat of clear on any refinished section should I use PVA, wax or duratec and how would that affect my attempt to work on the next section when I can get to it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I got my gelcoat from US Composites, flake from boat manufacturer. Scuffed old gel then sprayed new I used Duratech gloss additive mixed 1:1, no pva needed.