Safe place to stay Lake Erie

looking at fishing a Saturday evening and Sunday in July where would you suggest just need a place with power and possibly a shower

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    looking at fishing a Saturday evening and Sunday in July where would you suggest just need a place with power and possibly a shower
    What part of the lake are we talking? There is 871 miles of shoreline.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

3. Member
    Sandusky bay east and west harbor area, runs me about $100 to drive up there so if i can find a place to stay for that or less i will stay less ware and tare on the body

4. Member
    I have stayed at the Ohio state parks cabin on Kelly’s island with a boat before and the ramp is right there. The cabin is small but the boat sit right beside the cabin and your right on the water. Downside is you have to take a ferry over and back East Harbor campground has a yurts not sure about cabins and you would be in Port Clinton.

All I know is I stayed in a lot of crappy hotels and small places up there. If I go now I would stay in one of the bigger nicer motels. I hear they’re way better and cleaner.

6. Member
    My club stays at the Peninsula Motel and it is just fine. Address: 6930 E Harbor Rd, Lakeside Marblehead, OH 43440

Phone: (419) 734-4778
    That will put you real close to Mazurik Ramp, West Harbor Ramps. You will not be able to launch at the East Harbor Camp Ground Ramp unless you are camping. Tibble's is an option but it is tight and has scratch hazards.

2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

7. Member
    We always stay at the Mar-Lu. Has its own ramp in East Harbor and a decent place to grab some dinner.

http://www.mar-lu.com

8. Member
    Tibbles. Affordable rooms and a small ramp right next to the small motel they have. My son and I were going to stay up there last year. I want to say it was around 75 a night. Ended up cancelling due to extreme weather

Places are limited so book in advance. Good suggestions above.