Need some advice

OK I have a CX 21, The TMC ( Lowrance puck ) has lost connection so I do not have spot lock, I was able to pull the disconnected wire from the foot pedal out to see it was disconnected, my question now is what is the best way to get to the other end, I took the puck loose but it will only move a couple of inches, do I take the entire bow shroud out ( it has a flush mounted 16 in it ) or is there another or better way to find the loose end ? Would the center rod box be an option, would have to remove the rod tubes, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Member
    Your only way (and easiest) is to take the whole bow shroud off. Just be careful when pulling the shroud off after you remove all the screws. The bow accessory panel has a short wire. You can disconnect that harness before you pull everything up. It’s very easy to remove and re-install. I’ve done it several times.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    Your only way (and easiest) is to take the whole bow shroud off. Just be careful when pulling the shroud off after you remove all the screws. The bow accessory panel has a short wire. You can disconnect that harness before you pull everything up. It’s very easy to remove and re-install. I’ve done it several times.
    I tried to get the bow shroud off, it will come loose on the bottom but I cannot get it loose on top and around the 16 inch graph, afraid to get too aggressive with it, I took 7 screws out, could not see any others, hate to have to haul the boat over to the dealer for something I should be able to take care of myself.

4. Member
    I just went outside and looked at my boat. I have 7 screws holding mine in place. I would mess around with it and see what it’s getting caught on. You should be able lift it up ~10” to get in and disconnect the accessory panel.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

any chance you could post a picture of where the seven screws are located, my new cx21 had no screws at all in the bow shroud, i did not know till about 65 mph and the whole thing lifted up

6. Member
    Well we got it fixed, the shroud would not come off, I think it has something to do with the flush mount 16 inch graph, it would not budge, was able to lift one corner up enough to fish the wire back through, not only was it disconnected it was damaged, the bare wire was showing, we taped it back up, connected it and it worked just fine.

7. Member
    Usually flush mounted lowrance units are installed by removing the face cover on lowrance. Behind that plastic face cover is small tiny screws, screwed into the glass of boat. Also if any transducer cables have any damage or bare wiring showing, they,it should be replaced, In case of any wiring strains missing.A dealer issue.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    I just went outside and looked at my boat. I have 7 screws holding mine in place. I would mess around with it and see what it’s getting caught on. You should be able lift it up ~10” to get in and disconnect the accessory panel.
    My 20 is the same way, had mine off several times when rigging my boat.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Usually flush mounted lowrance units are installed by removing the face cover on lowrance. Behind that plastic face cover is small tiny screws, screwed into the glass of boat. Also if any transducer cables have any damage or bare wiring showing, they,it should be replaced, In case of any wiring strains missing.A dealer issue.
    If definitely felt like the graph was attached to something very solid, I thought about replacing the TMC because of the damaged wire but it worked just fine so I just taped it up.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    If definitely felt like the graph was attached to something very solid, I thought about replacing the TMC because of the damaged wire but it worked just fine so I just taped it up.