Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Subscribed Thread Notifications

I’ve been trying for years to figure out why I don’t get notifications of my subscribed threads from this board. I assumed it was due to a server issue with my email address but I’ve tried a different email address and still no notifications.

Whenever I post I make sure I subscribe the the thread and check the box for instant email notifications. However, when I click “Links” at the top of the page and click “Subscribed Threads”, all the threads are there but the “Notifications” boxes are unchecked. If I check them all, leave the page, and return, they’re all unchecked again.

Is there a moderator or website IT support person that can look into this for me?

Thank you.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

Your profile shows Instant Email Notification as checked.

3. Member
    Yes, but I still don’t get any notifications. I even tried a different email address, no joy. Nothing in my SPAM folders either.

4. Member
    I have exactly the same issue. If you ever find a resolution, let me know!
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

5. Member
    hello
    having same issue .i subscribe to a number of threads but get no email notices. this just started 2-3 months ago.looking for help.john watermeier

6. Member
    Still no notifications here either. I’ve checked my settings over and over. No joy. Really affects the value of these otherwise tremendous forums for me.

I wish someone would take this seriously and try to resolve the issue. If it helps, I use an ***att.net email address. However, I’ve tried another email address as well (i.e. ***@tds.net) and also didn’t receive notifications at that address either.

Nothing shows up in my Spam folders either.

7. Member
    As I previously mentioned, when I go to Settings/Subscriptions, all of my subscribed threads are unchecked. If I check them and leave that page, when I return they are all unchecked again. I would be curious if the others with this issue also experience this.

For some reason the boards seem to immediately uncheck instant notifications on my end, even when I manually subscribe to individual threads and do not rely on the default setting to work.

8. Member
    I've even tried sending myself an email (via my profile) and nothing shows up.
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

9. Member
    I think the major ISP mail servers have blacklisted this forum's mail server, which why we aren't getting notifications. That's the only explanation I can think of. That's too bad because this place is a great resource.
    1998 Viper Coral 201
    1998 Mercury Promax 300
    Sportmaster lower-end

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeadfoot View Post
    I think the major ISP mail servers have blacklisted this forum's mail server, which why we aren't getting notifications. That's the only explanation I can think of. That's too bad because this place is a great resource.
    Sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense. There would be no reason for them to do that and if they did, the majority of members would be having the same problem and they're not.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense. There would be no reason for them to do that and if they did, the majority of members would be having the same problem and they're not.
    I haven't received thread update notifications since I joined the board. Nothing in spam folder, nothing.
    I've even tried to send myself an email via the board, nothing. And my mail is @gmail.

EDIT TO ADD:

Ran a test.

-sent email from here based on gmail address - never received
    -changed to another email, sent email with that address - received about 10 minutes later
    -changed back to gmail email, sent email with that address - never received

So, there's a problem somewhere getting emails to the @gmail.com domain

For now I'll switch to my other email and update if things go south. Thanks for following this.
    Last edited by kissfan; 10-20-2022 at 10:15 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
    I haven't received thread update notifications since I joined the board. Nothing in spam folder, nothing.
    I've even tried to send myself an email via the board, nothing. And my mail is @gmail.

EDIT TO ADD:

Ran a test.

-sent email from here based on gmail address - never received
    -changed to another email, sent email with that address - received about 10 minutes later
    -changed back to gmail email, sent email with that address - never received

So, there's a problem somewhere getting emails to the @gmail.com domain

For now I'll switch to my other email and update if things go south. Thanks for following this.
    Obviously blacklisted by gmail server.
    1998 Viper Coral 201
    1998 Mercury Promax 300
    Sportmaster lower-end

13. Member
    It absolutely does make sense for a mail server to block another mail server, and it happens all the time without the "offending" mail server knowing, as has been demonstrated by kissfan's latest test, and your comment.

Mail servers have algorithms that make a best guess at whether a message is spam. They take into consideration several things including number of messages being sent from another mail server, content, links, attachments, text formatting, etc. Too much offending mail can easily get your mail server blacklisted by another.

FWIW, I own a software company that makes email software for users to be able to send messages to their clients and prospects, so I've been through a lot of go-rounds with all kinds of mail servers. Since I've never seen a notification from this forum, I can't tell what's in a notification email from this foruim to help you figure out why they're being blocked.

The good news is that blacklists typically have a time setting. They blacklist you for a set amount of time, then your mail server typically falls of the list, and opens you up again. This gives "offending" servers the chance to clean up their act, so to speak, and allows mail from such a server to be received again, wihout a human having to get involved. Perhaps this forum has a bunch of links in their notifications, and/or uses html formatting, and/or includes images. All of these can play a role. Removing all of this can clean up the messages, and get forum mail servers back on gmail's good graces. You can then add back in some attributes, one at a time, and if the messages get blocked again, you'll know where your limits lie for that mail server to suspect you.
    Last edited by MrLeadfoot; 10-28-2022 at 03:26 PM.
    1998 Viper Coral 201
    1998 Mercury Promax 300
    Sportmaster lower-end

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    As I previously mentioned, when I go to Settings/Subscriptions, all of my subscribed threads are unchecked. If I check them and leave that page, when I return they are all unchecked again. I would be curious if the others with this issue also experience this.

For some reason the boards seem to immediately uncheck instant notifications on my end, even when I manually subscribe to individual threads and do not rely on the default setting to work.
    This is what I am experiencing, as well.
    1998 Viper Coral 201
    1998 Mercury Promax 300
    Sportmaster lower-end

15. Member
    Honestly, the name of the board could be part of what triggers spam filters.

I know when I’ve sent people here that they’re reluctant to click the link based on the first 3 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
    Honestly, the name of the board could be part of what triggers spam filters.

I know when I’ve sent people here that they’re reluctant to click the link based on the first 3 characters.
    Please explain why someone would be reluctant to click on a link because the first 3 characters are BBC?

Please explain why someone would be reluctant to click on a link because the first 3 characters are BBC?
    Big black cockadoodledoo

And dont ban me for that you asked

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gohoos2011 View Post
    And dont ban me for that you asked
    AEF6F95B-CEAC-4CF3-92E0-7489C55E8A7B.jpeg

How about a serious answer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast