Question Bucket seat differences

Looking at BCB website for new bucket seats for the Cougar. The options are Standard and Wave Crusher. What is the difference between the standard and the wave crusher?

Thanks,
    Ronnie

2. Member
    The Wave Crusher are standard on the premium models. Im not sure what the "standard" seats are, but if you've seen a recent premium model moat, then you know what the Wave Crusher are.
    2023 Puma STS

3. Member
    I ordered the wave crusher and they are big with lots of thick padding compared to others I’ve been in. They look and feel great. I wouldn’t choose the option of speakers in the headrest unless you just want a little bit of extra sound and understand that there is now a hole in the seat where the speaker sits. Also, if you put in your Boat ID the color is ordered for you. You may just want to choose your own color that may be a little bolder than the originals were.

They are padded better than the seats prior to them which isn't saying much. If I have one complaint with BCB its the seats could be more comfortable/plush. They are durable but I had more comfortable seats on my old champions than these.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    They are padded better than the seats prior to them which isn't saying much. If I have one complaint with BCB its the seats could be more comfortable/plush. They are durable but I had more comfortable seats on my old champions than these.
    Seats and center step box are the two areas BCB is behind in my opinion. The new style box is better than the old carpet box, but still looks oddly small in the new Puma STS.

The comfort of the seats is good enough, but the style is bland. Lots of other manufacturers have seats that are much more stylish.

Neither are deal-breakers in whether or not I purchase a new boat though.
    Last edited by TNReb; 05-30-2022 at 07:48 PM.
    2023 Puma STS

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I appreciate all of the replies. It sounds like the wave crashers are the way to go. I won't need the speakers, but I do want the extra padding. The old back isn't what it used to be.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieF View Post
    Thanks guys. I appreciate all of the replies. It sounds like the wave crashers are the way to go. I won't need the speakers, but I do want the extra padding. The old back isn't what it used to be.
    Be prepared for a very looonnngggg wait.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Be prepared for a very looonnngggg wait.
    Yes, I saw that. I guess I can expect them by next summer.

04 cougar 5.jpg
    Wave crusher upgrade in my 2004 Cougar FTD...one thing to note is the added padding will have you sitting up higher than before....so expect to lose your hat! haha
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    04 cougar 5.jpg
    Wave crusher upgrade in my 2004 Cougar FTD...one thing to note is the added padding will have you sitting up higher than before....so expect to lose your hat! haha
    Great point! I ended up moving my hotfoot after upgrading from the bench seats to wavecrushers because my knee would hit the steering wheel with the height difference.

11. Member
    Ronnie - If you are trying to add padding to your seats, try sitting on a throw cushion until your new wave crushers arrive. Virginia requires a throw cushion be out on deck so I simply keep mine in the drivers seat. It does have me sitting a little higher, but I really like the extra padding. Plus I am in compliance with the cushion requirement. You may want to give it a try if you are looking for additional seat support.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

12. Member
    Richard, that's a great idea to try. My seats have become cracked and split pretty bad, so it's time to replace.
    B*******51, thanks for the pic and letting me know about the height difference. That's something I needed to hear. Even though I don't go out in the rough stuff, I'd still like extra padding. I think the wife prefers I get it in the seat and not my booty!
    Thanks again

13. Member
    Ronnie - Glad it helped. Good fishing.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com