Buggs water situation

Dang the upper end of Buggs is muddy and full of trash.
    water level up 3+ feet
    will go up more due to rains last few days; means even more trash
    2021 Ranger RT188
    2021 Mercury 115 PXS CT 4S 3B038093
    Va Tech '69, '70, '74

2. Member
    Do you think the creek such as ruds will end up being as muddy?

3. Member
    An awful lot of rain in the last week- 7+”.
    that being said usually the worse is usually roughly from Grassy upstream due to stuff coming down from the Dan and Staunton. I don’t know what they got on the east end or nutbush
    many time the lower end of the lake is still good except for high water.
    but water up in the bushes can be good.
    suggest you contact marina at Rudds
    or Nutbush and see if they will give any input.
    the Dan and Staunton drain a lot of bare farm land. Dan even has a river feeding it named Pig River.
    if I had to made a. guess I think you will find some fish able water from about 1/2 way to the dam.
    Bobcats is always really good about providing info and they stay up to date - really really good people
    call them at 434 374 8381
    they are straight shooters. Also great tackle and bait store and 87 non ethanol gas
    2021 Ranger RT188
    Va Tech '69, '70, '74

4. Member
    fished a couple different creeks down lake this weekend and they were good. never made it out to main lake. big fish were biting too.

5. Member
    Just saw a report this morning that due to heat this week and power demands power company will be releasing significant amounts of water at Leesville dam periodically.
    Power company said water level below LeesvIlle
    could increase 8 feet in 7 hours so some big slugs of water coming.
    takes several days for that to reach Buggs
    2021 Ranger RT188
    Va Tech '69, '70, '74

6. Member
    Dumfries, Va./ Kerr-Buggs Island, Boydton Va.
    304.13 @ 0700. 303.82 @ 2000 (8pm) so it is dropping due to making power. Clarksville area has some debris but I have seen a lot worse and the water color was not bad at all. I live very close to the lake, Eastland is almost in my backyard. I work for/with the Army Corps out of North Bend and i can be seen checking all of the buoys on a regular basis in the center console Sea Ark with Corps markings or the pontoon boat with crane on front. I was in Grassy today Longwood area and water color was normal. North Bend area other than elevation everything was normal.

7. Member
    I have a picture from 2-3 years ago and it looked like you could almost walk 1/2 cross the lake at Clarksville.
    as you noted, does not look too bad, considering.
    gamblerpro were you with the Corps in 91-92 timeframe?
    lake got to 319 from the 300 full pool level.
    my place is on west side of lake and I am in the less costly at back end of a cove. Got some logs back there and they ended up hung up far up the trees when water finally went down. East side of lake was really terrible and they had to bring in track hoes and dump trucks to get some of the coves open
    2021 Ranger RT188
    Va Tech '69, '70, '74

8. Member
    No I went to work part time in April of 2018 when I retired and moved full time to area, don't forget it was pretty high a couple years (318-319) ago and the power house had most all of the gates open at dam. I need to correct something , I work for the contractor that takes care of the facilities for the Corps. We have nothing to do with the NC ramps but we do controll all of the buoys on the lake up to Staunton View Ramp area.

9. Member
    303.83 @ 1900