Webster's on fire

If you told me five years ago that I could only use a crankbait, I would have turned to trout fishing. 22 in the boat yesterday, all but 3-4 were smallies running to about 3.5#. Same deal as Gregg this week: throw it up in the shoreline rocks, expect a smash when it comes over the top. Stupid easy fishing (good for me:). Maybe 5-6 on a Brush Hog Jr. Water was running 70, too windy to see if there was any bedding activity... once a storm cleared out, bites thinned out fast. I got on the same deal at Newfound two seasons ago with flatsides... give it a try if you're up that way.

Glad you got out and caught them
    Hoping to get out next weekend.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Ended up taking yesterday off and went to Webster.
    It wasn't on fire but we had a pretty good day.
    I caught 8 or 9 mostly lg mouth.
    My buddy caught about a dozen or so mostly small mouth. All decent fish. The best was a lg probably around 4. We tried the crankbait deal , my friend got a couple smallmouth right away and I lost a pretty good one on a sky high jump and belly flop....man I love it when they do that. After that it was mostly a black and blue jig .
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    Good work! Nice day to have the lake to yourselves too:)

I'm hoping I can keep this cranking thing going as the spawn closes out and summer gets into full swing. I've worked the 14'+ baits in a few places already this season, and haven't even been bit on it yet. My fear is once they start eating the dropshot good, I'll just stick with that ('cause I'm catching), and give up on the power fishing.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    My fear is once they start eating the dropshot good, I'll just stick with that ('cause I'm catching), and give up on the power fishing.
    My biggest problem with tourney fishing is exactly this. I can catch gobs of fish with a dropshot and love fishing it but I'm always missing that one or 2 big fish guys catch power fishing....