Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. MySkeeter
    Always easier to Monday night quarterback!!! For the guy that says he would have rushed in any they’ll have to shoot you in the back to stop you. Good for you but you would have left your family with nothing from the Police department for you didn’t follow orders or policy so no life insurance for them. It’s easy to say what you would have done. We were not there so we don’t know what orders were given. I do know normally there’s a lot of confusion that goes on.

Perfect example my daughter was in the Army stationed in Hawaii when the incoming missile alarm went off few years back. She called me to say she loved me. She said know knew what to do. The called there Sergeant. the whole base was in chaos no one knew what to do. You would think a Army Base would know what to do for incoming missiles wouldn’t you.

2. Member
    I think I read that there are 6 resource officers for the 8 schools in the area, regardless, no resource officer when this happened....no mention of the teacher who left the door propped open in a clear violation of policy, she's gotta be going through some tough times right now.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    There are a few stories from this event that really strike me. The one from a child in the classroom who said when officers were in the hallway, they called out if anyone needed help. A child responded by calling out for help, that child was quickly shot and yet the officers stayed outside. The story of how the officers waited outside while children called 911 while their classmates where being shot. The story of the border patrol agent that was told to stand down, but instead became the hero by disregarding the police and went in to kill the murderer.

How any one of those officers that were involved could ever show their face around town is beyond me. If I lived in that town, I wouldn't be sitting around just grieving.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugga View Post
    why A 18 YR OLD KID cannot buy a six pack of beer or smokes, but can legally purchase an AR-15 - HUUUUMMMM!!!
    And vote and join the military to protect our country! So what's your point, also the word legally, don't stop anyone from doing those things before 21 does it?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    It would have been much worse if it wasn't for some bad ass Border Patrol agents taking the initiative.
    This

6. Member
    Did that border agent get in the classroom a different way or was he first thru the door after the master key arrived?

7. Member
    The various conflicting reports will get sorted out eventually and the initial reports sound bad. However, has anyone stopped to consider that the hesitation to make a command decision in this situation may also be a direct result of the current environment when every heat of the moment decision law enforcement makes is scrutinized, endlessly debated and many times the officer is vilified to the point they lose their job and career whether proven innocent or not.

Many people have said from the beginning that the constant vilification of first responders would result in deaths due to hesitation on the part of the first responder. Unfortunately, this may have come to fruition.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

8. Member
    I can only imagine what would be said if this police response had happened in the state of California as much as folks like to bash that state. Texas LE did themselves no favors, so much for all those big Tx rangers and cowboy hats tuff guy image. When children are involved there’s no time to waste, you move in period.

If it were one cop alone I could see waiting until backed arrived, but once they have 4 or 5 officers on site it has to be go time Immediately.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    No one has to second guess anything about this. Up to 19 police officers waited in the hallway for approximately 50 minutes while 19 babies and 2 teachers were being killed.
    This is all going on and they're waiting for a damn master key? Since when do police decide to wait for a key to "breach" a door? In my opinion this is the absolute worst mass shooting in US history due
    to this incredible failure to protect school children and teachers.

As far as "no one wanted to go after the shooter" there were parents that wanted to but the police standing around with their AR15's and police proof vests told them to move back. Obviously there were no police
    standing there with vests and AR15s that had the balls to do their jobs!
    Thank You!!!

The more I read about this attack, the more furious I become. The percentage of the town’s budget that went to the police, the $$$ the State of Texas gave to the town, the willingness of parents and other and other citizens to engage the shooter. If I’m not mistaken, this is close to a border town with LEO assets BEYOND what a normal town may have access to.
    Anyone who can defend the inaction of this supposed police force need a serious adjustment in their thinking. This is Third World mentality and there is NO place for this kind of failure in this country. Stringing them up by their balls would be too good of a punishment.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    No one has to second guess anything about this. Up to 19 police officers waited in the hallway for approximately 50 minutes while 19 babies and 2 teachers were being killed.
    This is all going on and they're waiting for a damn master key? Since when do police decide to wait for a key to "breach" a door? In my opinion this is the absolute worst mass shooting in US history due
    to this incredible failure to protect school children and teachers.

As far as "no one wanted to go after the shooter" there were parents that wanted to but the police standing around with their AR15's and police proof vests told them to move back. Obviously there were no police
    standing there with vests and AR15s that had the balls to do their jobs!
    Agree. A lot of CYA dialog going on now. Cops are carefully orchestrating what is being told. I can’t imagine the anguish and fury felt by the parents. Heads will roll I hope but that won’t help much now.

11. Member
    The fact of the matter is that a single teenager with an AR-15 is so obviously dangerous that an entire Texas police department let 19 children bleed to death rather than confront him.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Did that border agent get in the classroom a different way or was he first thru the door after the master key arrived?
    For what it's worth, what I read was that a border agent or US Marshall arrived with a ballistic shield, but they were told to stand down, eventually the Border Patrol SWAT team arrived, but there was confusion on how to breach the classroom door, it opened outwards and they didn't have the tools they needed to get in, thus waiting on the key...again, no judgement, just what I read

13. Member
    So this isn't really about the event it's more the broad spectrum of these incidents.
    It makes me wonder IF these are propegated events by anti gun groups to advance gun laws. A person slightly off his rocker is persuaded with money and guaranteed to never see a day in jail...at the end they come up dead. There are obvious holes in all of these events. Weather it be police or lack of intelligence of social media of the perpetrator.
    A few innocent lives is nothing to the anti gunners if they can get their agenda met. I don't want to get this thread locked so I'll just stop it at that...just chew on that for a bit.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    So this isn't really about the event it's more the broad spectrum of these incidents.
    It makes me wonder IF these are propegated events by anti gun groups to advance gun laws. A person slightly off his rocker is persuaded with money and guaranteed to never see a day in jail...at the end they come up dead. There are obvious holes in all of these events. Weather it be police or lack of intelligence of social media of the perpetrator.
    A few innocent lives is nothing to the anti gunners if they can get their agenda met. I don't want to get this thread locked so I'll just stop it at that...just chew on that for a bit.
    This is the most asinine comment made here
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

15. Member
    Cops dressed like operators held off by pussy kid...plain and simple.

16. Member
    Wow! You don’t have a clue!
    Pool 10

17. Member
    Wow - you need to get back on your meds.

18. Member
    I'm not sure that's the case...but our political/elite class are capable of some jacked up stuff. A quick look at history (or anywhere in South / Central America) proves that.

Time to close the thread when the incredibly stupid post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123