Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    nope. bought a kayak

No just costing more than last year

2009 ELITE 210

3. Member
    Mabey alittle. I do tend to stay off the throttle alittle more nowadays. Kinda like crusing to my spot going 38 as opposed to going 55.
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

4. Member
    I drive a lot. I drive a lot, less. I drive a lot, with cruise control. I drive a lot, but not as frequently as I used to. I drive a lot, closer to the posted speed now. I am seriously considering giving up one of my clubs due to the distance (over 120 miles one way) of some of the tournaments.

5. Member
    It actually costs me more to trailer to the lake than fuel ON the lake. 90HP Yamaha.

Since I can only get out either Saturday OR Sunday, it's more but manageable.

If I was retired (a few more years) it would be a bigger impact, but for now I just don't dine out and it's covered.
    Last edited by kissfan; 06-03-2022 at 03:24 PM.
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

6. Member
    OK I woke up to $5.25 for a gallon of gas at the GO Moore station in Davidsville, Pa. I had to look, yes it was for
    Regular gas. That will start to tip a lot of things with me, including fishing. I'm more concerned about putting some money away to pay this winters heating oil bill.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

7. Member
    My daughter in NY says they are being warned to expect $10 per gallon this summer. In Illinois just west of Chicago I paid $5.50 this morning ( June 3).

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanboat View Post
    My daughter in NY says they are being warned to expect $10 per gallon this summer. In Illinois just west of Chicago I paid $5.50 this morning ( June 3).
    It's knocking on $8 a gallon at my brothers marina on Long Island

9. Member
    I'm going fishing, and I don't care how much gas costs. Life is too short as it is !

10. #FRB
    I'm still going as much as I was last year at 2-3 times a week normally. I work graveyard and live 10 minutes from the ramp. Usually burn 1-2 gallons in the boat per trip. It's a small price to pay when it comes to preserving my sanity. I'm pretty good about picking apart a section of the lake with spots close to each other. All part of knowing the 9000 acre lake I fish really well and working the pattern with an open mind. The owner of the marina recently asked me how many hours were on my trolling motor, lol. For being over 6 years old the big motor only has 180 hours on it.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

11. Member
    Not a chance.

12. ZO6
    Yes….. I’m retired…. Yes it’s curtailing my fishing and my travel. “Let’s go Brandon,”

13. Member
    Yes. Just putting trolling motor now and fishing not running big motor very much.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    I'd much rather pay high gas prices than have the out of gas signs and the long lines.
    That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever read!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    LOL. people never cease to amaze me.
    If you're old enough you'd remember. Back in the 70's we had "Out of Gas" signs and "Long Lines" a couple of times due to the "Gas Crunch" as they called them. It happened twice. 1973' thanks to OPEC and 79' thanks to the "Iran Hostage Crisis".

As I remember, you were often faced with being allowed only 5 gallons. You had to hit multiple gas stations or return to the end of the line and wait another hour or so to get another 5.

Sometimes you had to burn gas driving around (Burning gas) looking for a station that "had" gas!

At other stages of the crunch, like the "Odd/Even" days, which were based on your plate number, you had to get what gas you could and then switch plates with a buddy or family member on the next day, assuming they had the right plate number, to get more gas.

You may be amazed but believe me, they were not fun times and should it happen again, with the way many people are now a days, it would be much, much worse.

Last edited by OBT; 06-05-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Sadley --- Just two years ago we were energy independent and selling fuel to other countries. Now some are talking about NO FUEL..
    Something seriously wrong here.

17. Member
    It certainly has. I fish Lake Shasta where I used to launch about 3 miles from home and close to my favorite fishing area. With the drought that ramp is not usable. Nearest ramp is now a 25-mile round trip and it is a 20 mile run to my favorite fishing area. I will be learning to fish the area close to the ramp.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

18. Member
    Crazy how this year has played out. Wanted to upgrade my boat and get something bigger. Now I am watching how many times I go out to keep it in the budget. It is slowing down the number of tourneys I do. Basically, just doing my club weeknighter and that is it. That lake is a haul from my place. As soon as that's over, I will probably just fish my local electric lake for the rest of the year and hopefully prices come back down by next spring. I can dream right lol
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
    It certainly has. I fish Lake Shasta where I used to launch about 3 miles from home and close to my favorite fishing area. With the drought that ramp is not usable. Nearest ramp is now a 25-mile round trip and it is a 20 mile run to my favorite fishing area. I will be learning to fish the area close to the ramp.
    Do you know how low that water can be with launches still functioning there? I really enjoy a trip to shasta in the winter, those spots aren’t afraid of the cold haha
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. Member
    I paid $130 to put gas in my truck and $30 to fill my 6 gallon tank in my boat and went to the lake..that wa almost a month ago and can't afford to spend that on a fixed income so yes gas prices have SERIOUSLY altered my boating.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast