5/28 Viking report

Decided to hit Viking again this morning, didn’t start to early (stayed up to late the night before:-) , tournament on Anita and Prairie Rose so Viking it was, man was it busy with the holiday and being a Beautiful day. Caught lots of bass running a buzz bait over the freshly flooded grass. Also did well with a wacky worm over the rock piles. All of them were 12”13” inches though BUT I did finally catch one with the buzz bait worth a picture…. Water temp was 64/66. 20098532-ABCD-474B-9374-8E61F8989642.jpeg

2. Member
    Praire Rose sucked today. The water temps were down to 61 degrees from 67 last Sunday. Don't know where they moved off to but it only took 11.89 pounds to win today. Big fish was 17 1/2 inches long. The lake was really crowded and I've never seen so many people fishing from the bank was almost impossible to fish the south side of the lake.
    John the Garage Doorman

3. Member
    Viking was really busy from the shore as well. The campgrounds are full and people are out and enjoying the holiday weekend!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Viking was really busy from the shore as well. The campgrounds are full and people are out and enjoying the holiday weekend!!
    Lots of people enjoying the great parks of lowa. I think there was 34 boats on the lake which is a bunch for Praire rose. There must have been close too 100 people fishing from the bank on the south side of the lake. I've never seen any lake that busy before. Most everyone I talked to on the water was really struggling to catch fish.
    John the Garage Doorman

34 on rose? Holy hell. That's about as crazy as the 20 boater they had on chechland a couple years ago.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nbraun_492 View Post
    34 on rose? Holy hell. That's about as crazy as the 20 boater they had on chechland a couple years ago.
    Only 5 boats in a tournament the rest were just having fun fishing and riding around.
    John the Garage Doorman

7. Member
    Jeeper!! That’s a lot of traffic on that little lake! I would hate to see how many boats would have been on the bigger fun boating lakes.