36v Dakota in a 99 201 PE

I am in the process of installing a bunch of new stuff on my old 201.

I had 3 Interstate Gp27 batteries and 1 Gp31 cranking battery in the well of my boat and it was awkward. I ended up going down the rabbit hole once I decided to get a ghost trolling motor.
    I was thinking about just doing 2 12v batteries to save weight, then thought about 2 lithiums and was able to win a 12v 100Ah Dakota in a draw.
    My path was set on 2 12V lithiums to power my troller, then a local guy had a brand new 36V Dakota for sale because it wouldn't fit in his boat.

I was able to pick it up at a smoking deal delivered to my door.

The problem then is the battery tray. I bought a Bass Boat Technologies 36V aluminum tray and modified it to accommodate for access to the bilge.

I waffled for months on what to do but I am glad this is the way I went as is shaves over 100lbs out of the back of the boat and will save more once I switch to a lithium cranking battery.

In order to get the battery into the compartment, you need to turn it on its side and then it has lots of clearance.

Next up is a new breaker for the trolling motor wires and tidy up the wiring for the graphs.

20220528_152234.jpg
    1999 Stratos 201 PE DC
    Evinrude 200
    Lowrance Ghost 52"
    Lowrance HDS 9/12
    Dakota 36V

2. Member
    how long did it take to get your battery after you ordered it? I ordered a 36 volt battery last Tuesday from Dakota Lithium and I dont think its even shipped yet.

3. Member
    I was lucky enough to find one for sale locally from a fellow that bought it for his boat but it would not fit.
    It can be a few month wait if the retailer is out of stock and has to bring them in from overseas.
    1999 Stratos 201 PE DC
    Evinrude 200
    Lowrance Ghost 52"
    Lowrance HDS 9/12
    Dakota 36V

4. Member
    I bought it from Dakota lithium and they had it in stock, come to find out they sent it off to UPS and it sit there for 7 days for some odd reason.