Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Don, I have made certain of that every time because I know that could also cause my tps alarms that I have had intermittently. Ever since I had those alarms I have been sure not to touch the pedal unless in gear. It idles at 550 rpm’s the entire time I had it warming up.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good deal- I always try to mention it as it takes very little to upset the apple-cart on this engine's TPI setup.

Best to get replacements, and if the lever and spacer are still available, replace them as well (to eliminate wear).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I will order those tomorrow. I am going to swap temp sensors one day this week and confirm that the port coolant temp sensor is working correctly.

4. Member
    Hey Don, since we had our conversation and I wasn’t positive of prop slip numbers I just had the boat out and got actual numbers for prop slip. 25p prop 5400 max rpm 64mph. I’m getting 12.3% prop slip. It got on plane but not to much better. Any thoughts? Thanks.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The jackplate and battery changes may be playing a role here. It would be a good idea at this point to try a known-good 24P prop of the same line, just to make sure it spins up like it should. If there's no RPM gain (or it's considerably less RPM gain than it should be), there may be internal causes.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12