Motrguide tour pro steering sensor?

Anybody had the steering sensor in their tour pro go bad or cause issues? Having issue with inconsistent pedal tension, from really touchy to really stiff. All calibrations and screw adjustments done correctly. No twist in cables.
    Popped the head cover off and looked around, thinking the steering sensor may be the issue. Looks like it is what adjust the tension in the pedal ex. M231- m235.
    If anybody knows anything let me know.20220526_232632.jpg

How old is the motor? Warranty covered issue?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    Is your footpedal bolted down. Mine did get a little weird after I bolted down, since then I have moved it back to make the cable transition smoother and it helped.

4. Member
    Ive tried it all, got it off and the fortrex back on. Taking it in on monday for service. No high hopes, the o ly guy here in kansas has "never heard of what im experiencing".

Looking at the enlarged picture, it looks like you have cable ties and some sort of neoprene cover on the cable jacket. Correct?
    If so, we’re you having the steering tension issue before those additions?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Yes having the issues before that.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Looking at the enlarged picture, it looks like you have cable ties and some sort of neoprene cover on the cable jacket. Correct?
    If so, we’re you having the steering tension issue before those additions?
    Yep having issues before that. Removed part of factory sheathing to ensure no cable twist and put the neoprene on to cover cables after. Only one zip tie on the cables and its no where near snug.

Quote Originally Posted by jtipton91 View Post
    Yep having issues before that. Removed part of factory sheathing to ensure no cable twist and put the neoprene on to cover cables after. Only one zip tie on the cables and its no where near snug.
    Got it. Just saw those changes and thought I’d ask. That should be a warranty covered issue.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    Yes hopefully. I sure hope they dont pull some dumb stuff and void warranty for removing cable sheathing, especially after recommending ensuring no cable twist. How can one tell if theres twist for sure without taking a look under the sheathing?