Thread: Just a heads up

Banned

Just a heads up

I never fished with gloves in my life. Always thought they got in the way, lessened the feel of the rod and a whole bunch of other excuses.
    Month before last, had a lump pop up on the back of my hand. Didn't think much about it until it started to really get big. Went to the doc, got referred to a dermatologist who biopsied it. What I thought was a cyst turned out to be basal cell cancer. Monday it got cut out and was deep enough in the skin that it required a skin graft. Not a whole lot of fun when the doc says" See that yellow stuff? That's your tendons and nerves" . Of course, the only thing I wanted to see was the front door.
    Anyway, no fishing or shooting for at least a couple weeks,and he said that the graft will feel tight when holding a fishing rod for a long time.
    Use your sunscreen religiously or wear gloves because this is a pain to go thru.

2. Member
    Yessiree. Keep it covered!

3. Member
    Yes keep it covered and use the sunscreen where you can’t cover it. 2 nose jobs and a couple of hundred stitches all over my face, I cover it up. Basil cell carcinoma, it’s no fun.

4. Member
    The damage happened long ago before I was smart enough to take precautions. Have had numerous Basal Cell and squamas cell cut off and some requiring skin grafts even one melanoma removed. And I use sun block. Got to play the hand you were dealt.

5. Member
    My wife works in a dermatology and skin surgery center needless to say I don’t get out the door without being covered in clothing or sun block and the lecture to reapply the sun block.

Five surgeries, 2 skin grafts and 20 radiation treatments on the right side of my face....it's not fun!! cover up.
    Last edited by basfish; 05-26-2022 at 08:23 PM.
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

7. Member
    Just started wearing Fish Monkey stubby gloves while fishing
    Red Sox in 6!

8. Member
    I started wearing all my coverings a few years ago. Thanks take care.

9. Member
    Happy to hear you’ll be ok. Surgery sucks.

I bought Glacier Gloves many years ago and they still are in great shape.
    https://www.amazon.com/Glacier-Glove...%2C114&sr=8-52
    Last edited by Tfall; 05-26-2022 at 07:34 PM.

10. Member
    Had a 2"×2" spot cut off my chest this morning. Not cool.

11. Member
    sun gloves, shirt and pants for me and sun screen
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    I need to pay attention to this but somehow I keep forgetting. I have started wearing sunscreen but forget to reapply during the day. Especially if I am accidentally catching fish. Got friends that have been through that and a wife who had Melanoma! I am really naturally dark skinned and maybe that has saved me but I notice now my skin is more sensitive to the sun than before. Hope you get ahead of it and stay ahead of it!