idbefishing

Options for a few days on St. Clair

So other then hire a guide, are there any other options for fishing LSC for a few days in the spring? My buddy and I are planning a spring trip but I'm boat less bank trash right now. Buddy has a boat but would have to drag it from Texas. He has never been there and I want him to experience the craziness that is spring time LSC. I guess we could hire a guide but it's kind of a waste because I feel confident that I can find and catch fish on LSC especially this time of the year.

2. Member
    Could rent a boat? I see rental pontoons on South River Rd heading into Harley Ensign, could just drift or drop an anchor.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

3. dartag1829
    Fish a couple days with a guide. You and your buddy can split costs. You will learn a lot and have a great time. St Clair is Huge. Renting a boat and wandering around is expensive. I would recommend Marcel's Guide Service. I have no connection except I know him and the guides. They provide a great service.

If you do rent a boat watch the weather. Remember St Clair wants To Kill You. It can get very rough and dangerous fast.

Great advice.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Fish a couple days with a guide. You and your buddy can split costs. You will learn a lot and have a great time. St Clair is Huge. Renting a boat and wandering around is expensive. I would recommend Marcel's Guide Service. I have no connection except I know him and the guides. They provide a great service.

If you do rent a boat watch the weather. Remember St Clair wants To Kill You. It can get very rough and dangerous fast.
    thanks for the reminder, I’m familiar with LSC and already figured in at least one day of hiding in the canals for the few days there.

I 2nd using Marcel I see his guys out there all the time so they know where to go

Also there are only a so many spots to fish from shore and none of them are really good for small mouth and there are always others there and you will have to compete for space
    "The handicapped angler"

7. idbefishing
    Definitely not interested in fishing from the bank.

8. Member
    If you're going the guide route, reserve quickly. A lot of guides are booked solid in the spring with walleye trips. I would also suggest posting on the Open Seat thread on Michigan Sportsman, you may get lucky and find someone looking to fill a seat.