New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

How good are the C-map cards that come with the lowrance Carbons

Just wondering if there any better than the Navionics east Cards or about equal ??
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Navionics gets my vote.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

3. Member
    Going to hvae to check the sites for individual lakes. I've found them to be pretty similar in the West but neither have great coverage out here. The place where C-Map shines is in the 4-5 states they have actually physically mapped themselves. For the rest, they are using legacy map data that Navionics has access to as well. C-Map does have the option to do custom depth shading while Navionics does not.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Fish View Post
    Navionics gets my vote.
    Have you looked at the state specific map for North Carolina? You are lucky in that you live in one of the states that C-Map has actually mapped. Every user who has tried them, says they are head and shoulders better than Navionics.

NoCAL
    2B112175

5. Member
    The Discover card that came with Carbons has the same data as CMap Reveal which includes all the Precision State Maps. The Discover covers all of North America you may need to update the card with more of the data for your area but does Depth shading and lots off 1 ft contours. You can always go to the CMap website and look at the lakes you are interested in and see them online for the Discover card.

https://www.c-map.com/chartexplorer/ Go to your area, zoom in till you see 1ft contours Make sure HRB is on in the Layers Icon right side of screen

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Have you looked at the state specific map for North Carolina? You are lucky in that you live in one of the states that C-Map has actually mapped. Every user who has tried them, says they are head and shoulders better than Navionics.

NoCAL
    Yes, they are
    2B576211

7. Member
    Have you looked at the state specific map for North Carolina? You are lucky in that you live in one of the states that C-Map has actually mapped. Every user who has tried them, says they are head and shoulders better than Navionics.NoCAL
    I have used Navionics for several years. Always found into be reliable no matter what water I was on. But I will check it out. Thanks
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

8. Member
    Going to hvae to check the sites for individual lakes. I've found them to be pretty similar in the West but neither have great coverage out here. The place where C-Map shines is in the 4-5 states they have actually physically mapped themselves. For the rest, they are using legacy map data that Navionics has access to as well. C-Map does have the option to do custom depth shading while Navionics does not.

NoCAL
    Do they have a roadmap for upcoming lakes? I use their genesis mapping and have created some of my own maps, but would love something official for here in az.

9. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Can you run both Cmap and Navionics in one unit and use the shading on the Cmap card and switch back and forth between Cmao and Navionics on the water???

10. Member
    Yes you can switch back and forth on the menu or you can put on 2 chart screens and and have each screen source ea map card.

11. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Thank you the card that comes with carbon able to do shading correct

12. Member
    Pretty sure it can. Watch the Wacky Riggers vid on how to set up custom depth shading then give it a try
    2B112175

13. Member
    If you have NMEA 2000 set up, can you see the CMaps on your BOW Finder if the chip is in your Console finder?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingbingz View Post
    If you have NMEA 2000 set up, can you see the CMaps on your BOW Finder if the chip is in your Console finder?
    no you can not. maps are not shared through NMEA, only ethernet

15. Member
    Thanks for the reply, I have both NMEA and Ethernet. So, I should be able to share correct?

16. Member
    Yes, map chips will share over Ethernet. Just go to the Map page and under Options you will find listed Lowrance which is the internal map as well as any chip in any unit that is connected by Ethernet.

NoCAL
    2B112175