Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I spoke with my brother this evening and he sounded strong. He wanted to know how the fishing was. They took him up for the heart cath at 7:00 and said it should take an hour, longer if they had to do a stint. I just got a call from my wife. He just got back to his room. They found a blockage in the artery on the rear of his heart…the widow maker. They tried to do a stint, but he began bleeding. They lost him three time on the table and had to shock him back. They used an angioplasty balloon to enlarge the artery and stop the bleeding. They also installed a temporary pacemaker. The Doc said that he’s lucky to be alive, obviously! They said that the sepsis infection caused damage to his heart and is why the walks of the artery were so thin, resulting in the bleeding. They also saw a bulge in the wall of his heart, also likely caused by the sepsis. We still need your prayers.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I spoke with my brother this evening and he sounded strong. He wanted to know how the fishing was. They took him up for the heart cath at 7:00 and said it should take an hour, longer if they had to do a stint. I just got a call from my wife. He just got back to his room. They found a blockage in the artery on the rear of his heart…the widow maker. They tried to do a stint, but he began bleeding. They lost him three time on the table and had to shock him back. They used an angioplasty balloon to enlarge the artery and stop the bleeding. They also installed a temporary pacemaker. The Doc said that he’s lucky to be alive, obviously! They said that the sepsis infection caused damage to his heart and is why the walks of the artery were so thin, resulting in the bleeding. They also saw a bulge in the wall of his heart, also likely caused by the sepsis. We still need your prayers.
    Jeff,
    I am glad to hear that your bro is communicating and they are able to do some of the necessitated interventions in hope to get more improvements. I was not told anything about possible damage to my heart from sepsis, but I was given multiple EKG and studies in hospital and at the infectious disease center where I have my final appointment in a few weeks.
    It will be interesting to find out how he feels in the long term from heart defibrillation, which I had it back on Dec 12, and though my heart seems fine, now I get these weird nerve sensations, problem sleeping, and severe issues from Daptomycin and Ciprofloxacin antibiotics.
    I hope the pacemaker works and they can address the other issues.

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

7. triton

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Very glad to hear that you and your brother are having conversations at this supremely challenging time. No matter the outcome—and continuing prayers are being lifted for a good one—you’ll remember this time and treasure the good parts.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

9. Member
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

11. Member

12. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

13. Member

14. Member

16. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Sounds like they have the problem figured out and are correcting it. Wish him the best.

Dale Sinclair original

I got some clarification this afternoon when my wife called. They could not do a stint because the walls of his arteries are very thin due to the sepsis attacking his heart. They used the angioplasty balloon to apply pressure where he started to bleed and the bleeding stopped. They could not do the stint, as they feared it would go right through the wall of his artery. So, he still has a 100% blockage in the right artery of his heart. He has several more thin areas…essentially aneurisms. So, his heart is a ticking bomb at this point. They can not even do chest compressions to save him, as the compressions would pop an artery. They informed him and his girlfriend of all of the details this afternoon and told them that there’s nothing more they can do for him. They will keep him medicated and continue dialysis. If he is still stable in a day or two, they will send him home. I came up to the cabin on Tuesday, back when he seemed to show significant improvement. So, I’m heading home tomorrow morning.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

19. Member
    God Bless please them !

20. Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast