2019 Toyota Tundra trailer lights fail

Hey All...

The other night before my first club tourney I was getting the boat ready and backed up my truck and hooked up the trailer... no trailer lights at all. Of course it's dark out... so I start looking at fuses. First, the Toyota user manual sucks! Shows the fuse boxes but not much more information. There are several fuses labeled "trailer" (I think 2 or 3 15 amp) "normal" automotive fuses, and at least one larger fuse (perhaps for the brake controller?).

I ended up backing my truck to another trailer I have and again, nothing for the trailer lights.

I then backed up my wife's Jeep to the original trailer and plugged in and all was fine....

Thoughts? I'd hate to have to talk to the dealer! $$$$

Cheers...

Gusman

2. Member
    Likely just a blown fuse. Just replace “trailer” fuses until you get them working. With that being said, fuses blow for a reason. Possibly a short in the trailer wiring. If you replace the correct fuse and it blows again in a short amount of time, I’d start looking for a short in the trailer wiring.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Any Toyota I’ve looked at had a good fuse diagram on the box cover.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Multimeter or light should show you if any of those trailer fuses are blown....shouldn't have to be a dealer visit
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Any Toyota I’ve looked at had a good fuse diagram on the box cover.
    I've seen them on both lids. Under the hood and under the dash. And certainly in the Owner's Manual.

6. Member
    Trailer harness fuses on Tundra 6 & 14 under hood fuse box & 20 & 22 interior fuse box.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC