Thread: Sad days

Banned

Sad days

I’ve been really moved by this shooting that happened in Texas . And it’s so sad I feel horrible for anyone linked to this situation. It has really weighed on me , and all I have to say is we have a LOVE problem. If we would listen and love our neighbors as ourselves more we could avoid some of this . Us as CHRISTIANS need to get the boldness to spread the gospel more than ever , me included in on this . We have the power in US to change the world ‘ holy spirt ‘ we can do anything with him . We need to stand up and love the world and all who are in it daily . Go out of our way to help others love others . This is how we fight this this is how we win , we do what he has called us to do . We have to love sinners we have to stop worrying about what sinners do and what there getting wrong . We have to remember there sinners and there confused. If we just tell them how wrong they are we’ll never win them , of course there wrong there sinners . We have to remember we aren’t perfect either, who cares what there getting wrong and how about we start getting something right and that’s loving every single one of them and change this world .

2. Member
    I as well despise when things like this happen. And you are right, in that we need more love. We see and read so often, people who live in subdivisions and rarely know their neighbors. We as a society turn a blind eye to anything that doesn't affect us until a tragedy happens. We need to be vigilant in having a vested interest in all the people around us, know them, helping them and trying to make this world a better place. There will always be evil in our world, but we can overcome much of it with love. It was established a long time ago what one needs to do, and that is, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

3. Member
    Your sig seems more prophetic than ever.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    I’ve been really moved by this shooting that happened in Texas . And it’s so sad I feel horrible for anyone linked to this situation. It has really weighed on me , and all I have to say is we have a LOVE problem. If we would listen and love our neighbors as ourselves more we could avoid some of this . Us as CHRISTIANS need to get the boldness to spread the gospel more than ever , me included in on this . We have the power in US to change the world ‘ holy spirt ‘ we can do anything with him . We need to stand up and love the world and all who are in it daily . Go out of our way to help others love others . This is how we fight this this is how we win , we do what he has called us to do . We have to love sinners we have to stop worrying about what sinners do and what there getting wrong . We have to remember there sinners and there confused. If we just tell them how wrong they are we’ll never win them , of course there wrong there sinners . We have to remember we aren’t perfect either, who cares what there getting wrong and how about we start getting something right and that’s loving every single one of them and change this world .
    I agree with you that the violence that is happening throughout the country is a horrible tragedy, especially situations like the Texas elementary school attack. Nevertheless, we need to put things in focus much more than ever, since I strongly believe that more empathy and love toward our neighbors will not harm anyone, which Paul make it clear in Romans, the affect many of the social media sites are having on many people is a primary issue that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. If this sites can have algorithms to put an ad infront of you immediately, they can delete and contact the proper authorities when a posting as this individuals in Buffalo, NY and Uvalde, Texas as well as all the other incidents, that individual screaming of mental issues and attention mongers have posted.

Do we need sites like Tik Tok where individuals are posting a bunch of 'BS challenges' mostly harmful and damaging to others?
    Does Facebook and Youtube have the resources to better monitor what is posted? and Twitter what messages are written?
    Though many call themselves Christians these days, it seems that there is an agenda even in many of the televangelists I have stopped to momentarily listen to their commentaries, while at the same time they are 'professing the love of the Lord'. We need to stay true to God's word and the teaching of Christ, not being worried about 'political correctiveness' or party affiliation.

In the words of Paul

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
    9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
    10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
    11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
    12 For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Amen
    Last edited by digthemup; 05-27-2022 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling

5. Member
    Preach Dig!
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console