Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shopping... Caymas cx19 or nitro z20 pro?

Both are similar price. Both are well equipped with seadeck cockpit. Neither has pro poles (don't want them). Single console.

Cx19 has 225 mercury, 112 mk trolling, humminbird 9 at helm, getting 12 at bow. $70k

Z20 pro has pro package 250 mercury with lowrance 12 at bow and dash, lowrance trolling, upgraded wheels and fenders on trailer. $66k

Which are you folks liking?
    Last edited by Bogeypro; 05-25-2022 at 06:32 PM.

I have friends with both boats, I've driven the Caymas and would pick the CX19 over the Nitro by a big margin. Great riding boat, well built.

3. Member
    Nitro, bigger boat, motor and front deck with better graphs.

4. Member
    like everything about the nitro but the poor quality and trailers
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Nitro

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    Every time this topic comes up about half the people say this along with the price differential of nitro's being significantly cheaper for same or better equipped package. I wonder why?

I'd call the boats a wash, then I'd take the sonars into account- what ones you like more. Then what trolling motor you like more. Then if you like the wheels and tires then the 4300$.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    I looked at a Nitro and a Ranger 3 weeks ago at Cabela's. They were sitting side by side so I really looked them over good. I checked how straight the stripes were on the outside of the boat, inside every compartment, fit and finish. I couldn't find a single flaw on either boat. The trailers looked good as well.

Nitro.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    I looked at a Nitro and a Ranger 3 weeks ago at Cabela's. They were sitting side by side so I really looked them over good. I checked how straight the stripes were on the outside of the boat, inside every compartment, fit and finish. I couldn't find a single flaw on either boat. The trailers looked good as well.
    My only knock on the Nitro is to my knowledge you can only get a tube trailer.

11. Member
    I would lean towards the caymas....the bigger motor argument is crap...seen a lot of 19' with 225's keep up with 20' 250's
    Fish have fins, they swim

12. Banned
    I would take the Caymas for one reason. Console switches instead of an integrated button panel on the Nitro. You can replace switches individually for cheap, or jump wires if needed to get you through a day. That button panel dies you are literally dead in the water with an big expense to replace it.

13. Member
    Dang, if you can wait till end of year I'll be selling a Z21XL pro package for well under 70 with 12 inch hds's , activetarget, raptors, stereo, and dual console.

caymas cx19

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I would take the Caymas for one reason. Console switches instead of an integrated button panel on the Nitro. You can replace switches individually for cheap, or jump wires if needed to get you through a day. That button panel dies you are literally dead in the water with an big expense to replace it.
    Already needed a touch panel and ecm to repair mine. Nitro did it free even without warranty coverage, but I’d still prefer regular switches.

Tough call for the OP. I’d probably lean nitro just because of the increased size and prefer lowrance to humminbird
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

16. Member
    Caymas w/out a 2nd thought.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Already needed a touch panel and ecm to repair mine. Nitro did it free even without warranty coverage, but I’d still prefer regular switches.

Tough call for the OP. I’d probably lean nitro just because of the increased size and prefer lowrance to humminbird
    That's fine and all. But if it goes out and they don't cover it under warranty have fun paying god knows how much to have it replaced. Hundreds, over a thousand for some of them. Meanwhile it's $15 to replace a rotary or toggle switch and can be done in 20 minutes in your garage, or even on the water.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    That's fine and all. But if it goes out and they don't cover it under warranty have fun paying god knows how much to have it replaced. Hundreds, over a thousand for some of them. Meanwhile it's $15 to replace a rotary or toggle switch and can be done in 20 minutes in your garage, or even on the water.
    That's a valid point and concern but most are moving to controlling all those things via the fishfinder systems now it seems. Might could do that instead of buying an expensive new panel if that happens.

19. Member
    I always look at tomorrow. What gives me the best resale value and what people want to buy. At some point in time, Im going to sell it and I want people lined up to buy it vs begging people to take.

BTW, Im on the 13th boat and I never lost money on any of the 12 Ive sold. Lets hope #13 dont break my streak

20. Member
    If you but the caymas youll always wonder if the bigger nitro would have fished better. I would buy the nitro without hesitating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast