Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    That's fine and all. But if it goes out and they don't cover it under warranty have fun paying god knows how much to have it replaced. Hundreds, over a thousand for some of them. Meanwhile it's $15 to replace a rotary or toggle switch and can be done in 20 minutes in your garage, or even on the water.
    Totally agreed. Nitro did me a solid by replacing while not under warranty, but they didn't have to. Guessing the updated part numbers on the ECM and Touch Panels means the first run of those parts were bad.

The spare parts actually weren't too bad as far as price. I ordered a spare ecm and touchpanel for around $250 direct from spydercontrols, not nitro. Just in case I'm on a trip or have a quick tournament and need to replace them without waiting for the dealer. But a simple toggle switch you could get for $15 would be far superior.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I dunno why people ask these questions, the OP prolly is leaning 1 direction and just wants others to agree with him. Buy what u think is right, not what other's think.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I look at the quality of the components used in manufacturing and what the finish is in the out of the way places. Like under the access hole covers, bow, stern, side panels. Finished openings with no sharp or jagged edges.
    Also depends on how long I planned on keeping the boat. I bought a 2006 brand and was always making things better. 8 years later I bought one of the top brands and now 8 years later have only replaced fish finders

4. Member
    The only reason I would maybe go with the Nitro is it is a bigger boat and motor, I own a Caymas CX 21 and it is an awesome rig.

Easy, Nitro all day.

6. Member
    Ultimately, I would take a ride in each and then decide. How many of you buy a boat prior to driving it? If any do this do you do the same for a vehicle?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Ultimately, I would take a ride in each and then decide. How many of you buy a boat prior to driving it? If any do this do you do the same for a vehicle?
    Most dealers don't have demo boats in my area because the can sell them. They won't let you take a ride in a new boat. Finally, they really don't need to do that in this economy... Most folks are buying without riding. Some are buying over the phone without seeing them!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    Most dealers don't have demo boats in my area because the can sell them. They won't let you take a ride in a new boat. Finally, they really don't need to do that in this economy... Most folks are buying without riding. Some are buying over the phone without seeing them!!
    You can ask around your area to see who has these boats and maybe secure a ride. Would not hurt if you offered to pay for some gas. Just show up at local boat ramp when a tourney is happening and start asking.

9. Member
    Nitro

10. Member
    I would always go with the bigger boat and engine if price is the same, regardless of the brands involved.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    Both are similar price. Both are well equipped with seadeck cockpit. Neither has pro poles (don't want them). Single console.

Cx19 has 225 mercury, 112 mk trolling, humminbird 9 at helm, getting 12 at bow. $70k

Z20 pro has pro package 250 mercury with lowrance 12 at bow and dash, lowrance trolling, upgraded wheels and fenders on trailer. $66k

Which are you folks liking?

Buy the one you like the most if you have no storage limitations.

In that 70k range you can buy a lot of one year old boats. Nitro wouldn’t be on my list.
    My list would be; Skeeter, Ranger, Caymas, and Phoenix just to name a few.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I like the Nitro. If it were me I would probably buy the Nitro.

14. Member
    I would go with the Caymas, much better hull design and it will be quicker with the 225 than the Nitro with the 250, also will use less fuel due to the more efficient hull. I also prefer the cable steer of the Ultrex trolling motor over the electric steer on the Lowrance.

15. Member
    I’d like to see the statistics of the fuel numbers and how the Caymas has a much better hull design? I’m interested to know where you got this information

16. Member
    I doubt that the CX 19 is faster than a Z20 with a 250

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    My only knock on the Nitro is to my knowledge you can only get a tube trailer.
    Yep, tube trailer only, I talked to a salesmen at Basspro about it, deal killer for me fishing the Potomac River, in the summer the salt line can make its way up river and become somewhat brackish.

I had a tube trailer under my Triton that failed after 10 years, luckily didn't damage the boat, replaced it with aluminum and galvanized steel, the least that I would accept is C-channel construction.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    It's not.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Who cares.....

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    Who cares.....
    My post was in response to a post saying the CX19 will be quicker than the Z20

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast