Vilas County trip success.

Great quick trip up to Vilas last week. Lake temps were all over the place. 50-62 degrees depending on the lake.
    Northwest winds and some rain made for interesting fishing. Had a short sunshine window.
    Could have left most my tackle at home. All you needed was jerkbaits and Kalins grubs.
    trip.jpg

2. Member
    Looks like an awesome trip! I’ll be up there next week. Hopefully we find some fish

3. Member
    I was there 2 weeks ago it was 89 degrees air temp lake temp 54-64 degrees. I caught a new personal best smallie 5lb.4 ounce. a friend of mine caught a 6lber. Ice came off the lake a week earlier.

4. Member
    Going up there a week from today for a week. Which lakes are those from? Always love Kentuck and Anvil.

5. Member
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

6. Member
    We’re staying in the Lac Du Flambeau area. Not really sure what lakes we’re going to fish but I’ll give a report when we get back Sunday.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    We’re staying in the Lac Du Flambeau area. Not really sure what lakes we’re going to fish but I’ll give a report when we get back Sunday.
    I'd fish the Lac Du Flambeau chain. Particularly Fence lake and Crawling Stone. We had out two day club tournament up there last year and the fishing was amazing. I can only imagine how it would be if you hit the prespawn/spawn. 30lbs over two days was only good enough for 13th place out of 30 boats. A couple bags over twenty pounds. Amazing fishery! Good luck!
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

8. Member
    So we just got back from the trip. Fishing for our boat was really good. Over 4 days we caught quite a few fish over #3. Prespawn/spawn/post spawn going on depending what lake you were on. Water temps ranged between 54-64. So kinda all over the place. We fished new water each day and some days two lakes.