Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I’d go skeeter if I bought again (and didn’t want to drop ballistic money). The zxr is a far better package deal at this point, and I’d much prefer the toggle switches vs the nitro touchpad. Unsure about the ride / speed comparison between the two boats though, not worth making a brand change with current prices for me.
    I really like the Nitro Z boats. Only a couple of drawbacks for me. The 16oz carpet other than the Z21 24oz carpet. And the tube trailer. They make an awesome looking boat. But you’re right about the ZRX Skeeters. They have the best package deal going since Nitro went away with shallow water anchors on their Pro models

2. Member
    have been in the used boat biz for over 30 yrs most of the time when someone is complaining about nitros most have never bought a new boat in their life an they paid so much more for the boat they are running they have to talk crap about nitros to justify the 15 to 25 k they invested in their boat.

I bought my 2006 Nitro 591 new. It’s been a perfect boat for my needs. Never a problem with the boat itself. Minor repairs, thermostats and an oil tank sensor, have been the only trips to the shop besides regular maintenance.

So to answer the OP; NO I won’t buy another Nitro….I’m going to keep this one until I’m too old to drive it.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I really like the Nitro Z boats. Only a couple of drawbacks for me. The 16oz carpet other than the Z21 24oz carpet. And the tube trailer. They make an awesome looking boat. But you’re right about the ZRX Skeeters. They have the best package deal going since Nitro went away with shallow water anchors on their Pro models
    Agreed on the carpet. My z20 has 170 hours and quite a bit of use, and can tell the carpet is already starting to wear a little bit on the high traffic areas.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    had mine in 2011 and have got it just like i want it yes i would have another one the only problem i have ever had 1300 hours on my pro sx has been with the trailer
    seats have been replaced
    carpet has been replaced
    she still runs 60 gps if i ask her
    and people still comment on the way she looks ................yes i would get another
    Last edited by richardZ7; 07-06-2022 at 01:21 PM.

6. Member
    I have ran almost every boat and my 19 Z21 is the best all around boat I have ever ran. I had 8 Rangers from 2000 to 2008 and they were good boats but ride was no comparison. And for the size the Z21 fishing amazing and will float in even shallower water. I had a 16 Z20 before this one. It was a good boat but the carpet does show wear alot faster. I have been planning on getting a new Z21XL but really no reason with the shape this boat is in and I use it hard

7. Member
    Ran a 2009 Z6 for 12 years, only issue was Mercury not Nitro, lost a coil. Stability became an issue as I got older (80) and purchased a 2021 Z19 Pro. Both of my shoulders are shot and steering torque became an issue which was solved by SeaStar power assist steering. Would definitely buy it again.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

8. Member
    I have a 1996 Nitro 896, which I bought new. I repair things on the boat and trailer myself, but have to pay people to repair the outboard. I beat the heck out of my boat on the CA delta. The only issues I've had have been outboard related, not boat issues. My son bought a 2021 Nitro Z19, and observing his experience, I think the most important variable when buying a boat is the dealer you buy it from. A good service department with good technicians, that have worked there for a long time, will make a world of difference in how you feel about your purchase. Research the dealer as much as the boat you're looking at buying.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2004 Optimax S/N: 0T795443

That is true no matter what brand you buy.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12