Thread: XRS Ordered

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Folks with an XRS and 300R please chime in on prop/speed etc... Real world numbers, my current XRS has a 250 Pro XS, TM, and 28" Bravo XS - 80-82 on the top end.

Quote Originally Posted by whatzap View Post
    I reached out t them. Waiting for a reply. I will let you know when I hear from them. If you find out, lease let me know.
    Awesome! Thanks and I will you too!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    I have a max 5 on my 300R. (21XDC) I’m very happy with it!
    2001- 21XDC-300r
    Pete.

4. Member
    I have a 2021 SDC 300r 1.75 gears. I have a 30 bravo that I use as my fishing prop, decent hole shot loaded for tournament, full fuel and live well filled. Top end on this prop when solo and light is 88 in the limiter. I have a 32 Bravo that I use when not tournament fishing, best Top end 92.1 in the limiter (Steve Bishop was driving my boat).
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisx View Post
    Bravo 1 FS 31" coming with the new boat, what about a max5 ST (very pricey) or a 31" Pro Max as well.... Thoughts and/or opinions?
    Forget the Promax, that prop is to small diameter and blows out on holeshot every time. Gear case on the new v8’s are to big for it. Max5 is the top prop everyone says but it’s pricey. Bravo is the best all around choice.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisx View Post
    Folks with an XRS and 300R please chime in on prop/speed etc... Real world numbers, my current XRS has a 250 Pro XS, TM, and 28" Bravo XS - 80-82 on the top end.

With a loaded to fish setup XRS/300R you might pick up 3-4mph. Mine will run 82-83 with 2 people and 85-86 by myself. It’s not an empty boat either, got a lot of crap on it and in it.

7. Member
    Mad EFI sent me one of his new props for the V8's to test on my SDC/300R. I'm hoping to get it by the weekend. I'm told it will perform as good or better then a max5. It's pretty much half the price of a max. So hopefully its a runner. I still don't have a max5 try, there backordered.

All i got to test right now is a 30 Performer ET 4, 31 performer 31 BC 4 and the 31 MadEFI

8. Member
    A friend of mine runs a PowerTech BRV5 on his 300R on a 21xd. He said he had to get Croxton to tweak it to make it run good. He said it's not as good as a max 5 but it's a fraction of the cost.

9. Member
    I think the Bravo 1 FS is going to be one of the best all around props. I'm running a max5 right now, but the Bravo 1 FS I have runs just as good, maybe a little better in warm water with a load (hole shot). That said, not apples for apples, I have a 20XDC right now (waiting on my new 21SDC). So I will needing info for my new set up also.

I tried a Pro Max and it did "ok" for me, but not as good as the Bravo, but like I said, not apples to apples, thats just my experience.

One thing that I think will hold true no matter what set up is, I tried a non lab Bravo and it wasn't very good, I tried the same Bravo prop in a lab finish and it was day and night difference. Lab finish was MUCH better.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Mad EFI sent me one of his new props for the V8's to test on my SDC/300R. I'm hoping to get it by the weekend. I'm told it will perform as good or better then a max5. It's pretty much half the price of a max. So hopefully its a runner. I still don't have a max5 try, there backordered.

All i got to test right now is a 30 Performer ET 4, 31 performer 31 BC 4 and the 31 MadEFI
    watching…please keep us posted with how the Mad EFI performs.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

11. Member
    Thanks to all for the feed back.

12. Member

I think the Mad will be a great prop due to the diameter! Todd is top notch!!!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

13. Member
    Went and tested my Performer BC. So far it's the winner. Ran 92.4mph and had to let off as i was running out of river and was gonna get on the main lake (4 foot waves on main lake), I had half tank of gas, full livewell, no tackle on board. Prop holeshot great, Accelerated really hard. I'm REALLY happy with how the boat is running, I ran a tournament with it sunday and i drilled everyone on blast off. Even smoked tin boats out of the hole.

When i let off it was still climbing, Positive i would of got over 95. I also only have 5hr on my motor so it will gain a bit of speed once everything breaks in also.

My boats HEAVY, i got HDS16/Garmin 12 on a boat logix mount and a lowrance ghost on the bow, Also running twin poles.

14. Member
    Went and tested my Performer BC. So far it's the winner. Ran 92.4mph and had to let off as i was running out of river and was gonna get on the main lake (4 foot waves on main lake), I had half tank of gas, full livewell, no tackle on board. Prop holeshot great, Accelerated really hard. I'm REALLY happy with how the boat is running, I ran a tournament with it sunday and i drilled everyone on blast off. Even smoked tin boats out of the hole.

When i let off it was still climbing, Positive i would of got over 95. I also only have 5hr on my motor so it will gain a bit of speed once everything breaks in also.

My boats HEAVY, i got HDS16/Garmin 12 on a boat logix mount and a lowrance ghost on the bow, Also running twin poles.
    Great info. Thank you for the update. Let me know after you run the MAD also. Thanks again.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

15. Member
    I have run them all and ended up with 31 max5 st on my xrd. For an xrs probably less pitch.

That would be a sweet alternative. The Max 5 is outrageous. The newer V8 motors have had the worst propping issues of any motor I believe. Eventually my 300xs will be a dinosaur along with many others and I hope propping won’t be an issue by then.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    That would be a sweet alternative. The Max 5 is outrageous. The newer V8 motors have had the worst propping issues of any motor I believe. Eventually my 300xs will be a dinosaur along with many others and I hope propping won’t be an issue by then.
    I'm going to call todd at hydromotive today and see what he says. Try and get him to send me one. On my 20xd/300XS the hydromotive ran better then any bravo. I don't see anybody talking about them no more, which i find odd.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxbass View Post
    Great info. Thank you for the update. Let me know after you run the MAD also. Thanks again.
    I will for sure as soon as i get another one. I think this one got damaged in shipping, the box look beat to shit when i got it. Looked more like they dragged it behind the truck instead of in it. Cracked a blade right away.

I'll have a Bravo 31XS, bravo FS31-32-33 to test also shortly.

19. Member
    I have a 32 Bravo FS and 30 Bravo FS right now. Love the 30 for tournament fishing, the 32 is good solo…92 in the limiter.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxbass View Post
    I have a 32 Bravo FS and 30 Bravo FS right now. Love the 30 for tournament fishing, the 32 is good solo…92 in the limiter.
    have you tried a XS by chance ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast