Thread: Fillet knife

Fillet knife

Need advice on a good electric fillet knife that
    won't break the bank.
    Thanks

2. Member
    American Angler is the best one I've tried. Not super cheap though, think I paid around $100 for mine a couple years ago.

3. Member
    Agree with Coho975, American Angler electric knife is the best on the market.

4. Member
    Alot of people are happy with the Mister Twister filet knife. Personally I have both an American Angler and a Rapala filet knife. Both are pushing 20 years and have cleaned I don't know how many fish with out a hiccup. The American Angler is definitely stronger running but both have served me well. Recently I bought a Bubba Lithium-ion cordless. It is nice not to worry about plugging it in and working around a cord. Does great on smaller fish like crappie and speckled trout but seems a little under powered for larger catfish and slot puppy drum. If you really want to save some money just buy a cheap electric bread knife from the department store for around $10.00. They work fine and that is what we used when I was growing up before electric knives were really marketed towards fishemen.

5. Banned
    I still use my old Rapala knives. Some over 40 years old.