Looking for Opinions on Tracker v175 Pro Guide

Ok so I currently have a nitro z19, I don’t tournament fish, and I want to get into catfishing and trolling for stripers, while still bass fishing, so I want rod holders, and also a bimini top, and more seating for family members wanting to ride around the lake, I don’t let more than three passengers on the z19, so curious about anyones experience bass fishing from this boat with it being higher up and the sides being taller, I’m no speed demon, but also curious about the speeds of the mercury pro xs 115 and the mercury 150 efi (which I know nothing about), I have a pro xs 200 and love it, reliable as hell, great on gas consumption ( I rarely floor it usually cruise 30-40) so I’m leaning towards the pro xs 115, and anything else anyone has to suggest or whatever I’m all ears thanks.

2. Member
    Just picked up my PG 175 in April. I fish all species but here were my “needs”
    - Fits the whole family
    - Fish both smaller and large bodies of water
    - Target multiple species
    - Recreation compatible with a fishing focus

Of course, I would have loved a Lund but I couldn’t afford the premium. Aside from the expected fit/finish difference from a Lund; I am really happy with the PG 175. I also knew I’d need to spend some money upgrading the standard equipment. I’ve updated the electronics to a Helix 7 and an 80 lbs Terrova.

It’s dry and fast. With the standard 3 blade I got 38-40. With a 4 blade I’ve gotten better acceleration and the same speed.

With the combo version you’ll have plenty of deck area to fish both bow and rear with the seats down. Otherwise on windy/cold days you’ll appreciate the deep transom and rails.

You’ll spend a bunch to upgrade it and they don’t make it easy to run wires; but at current prices you’ll save money over other brands.

I’d recommend this boat for all species and those that seek a versatile boat; if you don’t have money to burn on a Lund Crossover.

3. Member
    I wouldn't get one with a 115 on it, needs a 150 hp at least and even that can be inadequate at times. Also if you don't like going fast the 150 hp will use less fuel cruising at 35-40 MPH at part throttle than the the 115 will running wide open at those speeds.

4. Member
    I am in the same dilemma as you. I would love to trade my 198p in for something everyone can get in at the same time. Idk though. I have got into these on the show room floor, and I don't think I would be happy with it bass fishing. The sides seem to high to flip without hitting. Also boat flipping a fish in is that much higher. Maybe YaYaHuh can elaborate more on my reservations. But I would love to have the ski pylon for tubing, skiing, etc.. Did all of that stuff growing up and would be fun to have a boat that did both. Also the windshield would be so nice for the crappy weather Ohio can't seem to get out of this year lol One last thing to mention as well, if you are putting your z19 in a standard garage, most deep v's with a full windshield go to at least 7 feet tall and will not fit. Just depends how far your door comes up. Mine would be really close. Just something I thought I would mention that I looked at while I was looking around at this same thing. I think my door would have to be altered to get a couple extra inches.
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

5. Member
    B304E824-5553-4E28-AFC2-B820E6E53F38.jpeg
    Did some measuring this morning. With the combo upgrade (seats that fold down) you get ~28 sqft (approx 4’x7’) platform to fish from on the aft with 8-9” sidewalls. The bow is roughly the same sqft with 11-12” sidewalls.
    Last edited by YaYaHuh; 05-30-2022 at 08:25 AM.

6. Member
    I was worried about the height of the Tracker Pro Guide 175 as well. The package height listed on the website is 7’3”. I have a 7’ garage door and it surprisingly went right under with a couple inches to spare. With the trailer jack down I measured ~81” to the top of the windshield.

7. Member
    In regards to the motor, I can’t speak to fuel economy (bassfisher444 makes a good point); but the 115 Pro XS is more than adequate for my use in the few times we’ve been out now. I chose the 115 for less weight and didn’t think I needed the 150. My only fear was holeshot for wakeboarding. We got to try it the other day and it popped him out of the water no problem.
    Last edited by YaYaHuh; 05-30-2022 at 11:22 AM.

8. Member
    I've been watching video reviews on this boat (Pro Guide 175 SC/WT/COMBO) in all its configurations. The few videos I've seen on the 115 engine indicate that it's a 35mph boat at 4500rpms and around 42-45 top end with the standard prop. I'm guessing the 150 is going to be a good 10-15mpg better than that at top of WOT rpms.

If I get my 175txw sold soon, I'll be ordering one with the 150 and I'll let you know what it does once I get it.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

9. Member
    Couple days ago with my V175 Combo, 115 ProXs with the 3 blade BlackMax prop. Elevation was about 1400: Peak speed was 41 mph at 5640 rpm. I was solo for that run.