Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OkAce View Post
    Yeah that'll shut it right down
    seems to work in argentina again 0 school shootings to our 288. what do you suggest you have offered nothing.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdfisherman1995 View Post
    so we should do nothing that makes a lot of sense.
    Please explain how gun control is working in Chicago............GO
    It's everything you learn after you know-it-all that really counts........

Having a pretty civil convo then sdfisherman1995 shows up.....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Having a pretty civil convo then sdfisherman1995 shows up.....
    Every. Single. Time.

That's all he does, yet somehow he's still a member here.......
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    seems to work in argentina again 0 school shootings to our 288. what do you suggest you have offered nothing.

I'd rather suggest nothing as the nonsense you're talking. If someone wants a gun they're gonna get it. All those licenses and permits you speak of just make it harder on the people who can legally own one in the first place.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Can you be a "voice for change" on a political forum instead of a fishing forum? I swear every political thread I open I always see your name, well not your name because you won't put that in your profile, but your screen name. Do you fish? Own a bass boat? Ever talk about fishing on a fishing website or just troll every thread? 1235 posts and I bet 1234 of them are political. I don't think I've ever seen you post on anything other than a touchy political thread. Stop trolling bro
    how is my post political on this topic. and you dont see my name any where any more as i have not posted in a long time. i do own a boat and i fish a lot my name i jake kelly if youre ever in south dakota look me up always welcome to ride a long for some amazing small mouth fishing. but back to this i have not made one political post stating i would vote fore who ever can provide a solution is not political. way to try and shut down the conversation though.

7. Banned
    ok so more kids die understood.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Guns don't stop invasions, oceans and nuclear weapons stop invasions. Afghanistan had guns, it didn't stop the Russians or us. Iraqis had guns, didn't stop us. Ukraine has guns, didn't stop Russia. Europe had armies, didn't stop Germany. Nearly every war ever fought, both sides had guns.
    Point taken, I could have worded that much better… armed citizens are the best defense against tyrannical governments.
    Ranting incoherently

9. Member
    should we hold anhieser/Busch responsible for drunk driving deaths? abusive alcholic parents? seriously asking because holding Remington responsible for gun deaths would the same right? what is the purpose for alcohol? I don't disagree, a gun is made to kill something. Alcohol is not made too kill, but it sure has been involved in a whole lot of death... as for abortion, well that is designed to terminate, kill, dispose of right? 1973 to 2022, over 72 million unborn children never had a chance.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

so we should do nothing that makes a lot of sense.
    Not what I said at all. I said that we need to solve the root cause of these attacks which is mostly mental health. I gave instances where gun bans have not been effective so why should be go that route? There are 300 million guns in this country, there is no way we are going to eliminate them from our society. Let's figure out why these people feel like they need to kill mass amounts of people.

how is my post political on this topic. and you dont see my name any where any more as i have not posted in a long time. i do own a boat and i fish a lot my name i jake kelly if youre ever in south dakota look me up always welcome to ride a long for some amazing small mouth fishing. but back to this i have not made one political post stating i would vote fore who ever can provide a solution is not political. way to try and shut down the conversation though.
    It's nothing personal man. I get involved in political threads too but try my best to stay out of them. I just get pissed off when every single political thread its always the same people.

I'm not trying to shut down any conversation, and you might not be talking politics per se, but the thread is political and your name always seems to pop up.

Can't say that I'll be up in South Dakota anytime soon, but I've driven through there and it's some gorgeous country. If I'm ever up that way I'll be sure to give you a shout.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Member
    The NRA knows what the problem is, that is why they banned guns at "you know who's" speech at their upcoming convention. If folks really believed in the right to carry a firearm then why are they banned at the SCOTUS, Congress, State Legislatures and at NRA conventions? Giving every person over 18 access to these weapons of war is not logical and would be opposed by 80% of the Founding Fathers just like it is by the current US population.

13. Member
    This thread really isn’t political at this point. I’ve enjoyed reading the different viewpoints.

to the OP- very poignant and well stated. The problematic question always remains- How can we make people better parents? How can we make people moral?
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Not what I said at all. I said that we need to solve the root cause of these attacks which is mostly mental health. I gave instances where gun bans have not been effective so why should be go that route? There are 300 million guns in this country, there is no way we are going to eliminate them from our society. Let's figure out why these people feel like they need to kill mass amounts of people.
    i agree with you on the mental health aspect and i understand the mass amounts of guns i get so tired of the old talking points thrown out by both sides. i have been civil in this discussion and not sure why people are saying i havent been but there needs to be more done then just handle mental health. the fact is common sense gun control is needed. and should be understood. there are some out there who should not have a gun end of discussion. well how do we know who shouldnt have a gun. most the time its to late once we find out. so where do we go im tired of this after every shooting 288 in the usa thats just school shootings. we need to be better and not strive for the same ol same ol.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Meanwhile in the rest of the world, they deal with all the same problems we do and yet, don't have the mass shootings we do.

Either some of you literally live in a bubble and have no concept of the outside world, or you're not being honest with yourself.

There are solutions to this problem, they may not be perfect but they are an improvement. But some of you would rather blame video games and single parent families.
    You’re wrong about another nation that has our same problems. There is no other nation that has our demographics along with the freedoms we have. There’s a famous saying about giving up freedoms for safety and I’ll let you find it and hopefully understand it.

You could take every gun in this country away today and guess what the killing will still go on because it is about people reform not gun reform,Quit claiming what goes on in other countries because no other country is the same. THere is no geting rid of guns in this country it is a virtual impossiblity without starting a war that will end it all.The only people you would get guns from is some law abiding citizens and not many of them.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    The NRA knows what the problem is, that is why they banned guns at "you know who's" speech at their upcoming convention. If folks really believed in the right to carry a firearm then why are they banned at the SCOTUS, Congress, State Legislatures and at NRA conventions? Giving every person over 18 access to these weapons of war is not logical and would be opposed by 80% of the Founding Fathers just like it is by the current US population.
    How do you know 80%? Travel back in time and ask? How do you know the majority of the current population fells the same way? Did you take a poll or CNN tell you that? Where are your numbers coming from?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Point taken, I could have worded that much better… armed citizens are the best defense against tyrannical governments.
    But if citizens don't have Military grade weapons how can they fight back against a Military? They cant or maybe we have Military grade weapons readily available for citizens. You cant have it both ways. We are not defending off any modern day military with 9 mm pistols or even a .223 rifle. Maybe 200 years ago this was true but back then we had well regulated Militia's. https://reason.com/2019/11/03/what-i...ilitia-anyway/

19. Member
    Raise your hand if you called for banning of SUV's after Darrel Brooks drove his Ford Escape thru the Christmas parade last year. He killed 6 and injured dozens in Wisconsin.

You can't stop evil. Very hard to stop sickness.

20. Member
    We can't stop illegal drugs, knockoff pharma drugs, knockoff electronics, or even containers full of trafficed humans. How would we stop crate after crate of foreign guns from coming in? And the bad guys knowing that the law abiding don't have any. How long before your front door would be kicked in by punks?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast