Solix touch screen quit again

When it quit one of our highly skilled and generous members fixed my corrupt files and got it going for which I am grateful. Yesterday I had a new lower unit that has down scan put on my Ulterra. Today I went to change some views and the touch screen won’t work again. Could the shop inadvertently done something wrong?

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Make sure they didn't turn the touch screen off... Quick press the power button and then make sure the Touchscreen slider is in the ON position. If not, you will need to use the joystick to change it.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    That is the first thing I checked.

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The way to see if it is an issue caused by corrupt NAV data is to save all your Waypoints, Tracks, and Routes... maybe even to 2 different cards for extra safety margin. When you have everything saved, do a full reset of the NAV Data. If the Touchscreen still isn't working, then try a Restore Factory Defaults. If it still isn't working, it is doubtful that corrupt data is an issue and you can restore the NAV data.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    What I did was turn off the touch screen, turn it back on, shut down the unit, then turn it back on and wala it is working. I don’t know how long I can keep my fingers crossed.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    What I did was turn off the touch screen, turn it back on, shut down the unit, then turn it back on and wala it is working. I don’t know how long I can keep my fingers crossed.
    Two out of my four Solix's I'm having the same problem.
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingWaves View Post
    Two out of my four Solix's I'm having the same problem.
    My original problem was corrupt data. This new issue showed up when the tmotor lower unit was changed.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    My original problem was corrupt data. This new issue showed up when the tmotor lower unit was changed.
    Mine seems to be network orientated. Without me doing anything different, they will work fine then two days later no touch screen.
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S