Livewell pump issue

I have 1998 Skeeter ZX202. Having a hard time to get live wells to fill properly. I had the two pumps changed a few months ago but it didn't help much. If I turn one to on position to fill live well it struggles to get water to flow in. Has sent Ive owned it, 4 years.

I try to turn them on in driveway and force water in with water hose then use hose inside live well. Seems to clean it out and water fills better on lake. But it may work well all day and it may slow to a trickle after first use.

Not sure that it's simply clogged up or something else may be causing this problem. Help appreciated.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

2. Member
    There is a thread about the same problem on here or the lounge.

3. Member
    Quite possible airlocking (had that issue on two boats). On my prior rig, I'd have to run in reverse, or use a piece of tubing from the recirc outlet to blow the air out of the fill system. Verify that the fill pump outlet is rotated to an upwards position.

4. Member
    Have you checked polarity of the wires at the pump? Some jack wagon could have miswired them….or the switches. Caveat-Not sure if a pump would run if miswired outside of the pump itself…but might be worth a try.
    Last edited by Lightning 6; 05-26-2022 at 12:43 PM.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC