Questions for newer model Triton owners as I'm considering a trade

I'm debating trading in the ole Z9 in for a new 21 TRX Patriot. The dealer it's at is 8 hours away from me. Being a Nitro owner, I'm certainly no stranger to fit and finish issues, but was wondering what to expect on a new Triton. I don't want to waste a trip there and find a bunch of things wrong with it, and don't want to get it home with no dealer support if I run into problems. I have read about live wells not being sealed properly and possible seat fitament issues with them being too wide from the factory. I'm also a bit concerned about chine walking. The Nitro never needed "driven" all the way up to 72 mph. Any advice on things to look for when I get there and any comments on the 21 TRX would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Member
    Great riding boats. The 21 is not near as bad with the walk as the 20. As for checking the livewell...drop a light down in the rear compartment, close the lid and stick ur head down in the livewell and look up to the top toward that rear compartment. If you can see light between the rear compartment and livewell, you will get water in that compartment. As for the seats, just sit down and open the center storage lid and check the clearance from the seat. I’d hope they’ve got issue resolved. The 21trx is a really nice boat in my opinion.

3. Member
    I currently have a 2020 21TRX and I can say the fit and finish is better than my previous 2018 20TRX and 2012 Nitro Z9. To me the 20 footer was easier to drive than the 21. Both Tritons ride better than my previous Z9. I also made seat risers for my 21TRX to raise the seats up 3” since they sit so low from the factory.

Great info. Thank you both

5. Member
    i have had 3 tritons and 2 Nitros. the first Triton was a TR 19 200 EFI. good boat and you had to drive it. second Triton was tr 20 xp I believe, think it was a 2006 with 225 opti. fast, but you had to drive it as wel. a few quality issue with the console breaking in half and Triton did not help. Then I had 2 Nitro z8's in a row, both fast, didn't have to drive them as much, but quality of the boat wasn't great. I just got a TRX 18 with a 200 4s pro xs last June, the boat drives amazing, rides better than the 20ft Nitro, fishes somewhat big for an 18.5 ft boat., a few quality issues, nothing too major. overall, Triton is better boat than Nitro in my opinion. The Patriot 21 should be a great boat. As with all boats, there could be some blimishes, then again, it may not. It's chance to take. AS far as 8 hr drive to dealers goes, I bought mine from a place that was 3.5 hrs away, so total 7 hr round trip, I will never do that again. When warranty issues occur, and they will, it is a bit of trouble to get another Triton dealer to want to do the work. You didn't buy from them and they know it. I would look at a dealer much closer if possible
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Thanks VA Bass. My current dealer is only 45 mins away and I’ve bought my last 2 boats from him. He said right now if I could find a new boat that I liked, he wouldn’t blame me for getting it elsewhere. I’ll take it to them for service, as they’ve treated me good in the past. The owner said he appreciated me checking with him first, as I asked if he could get the boat from this dealer and sell it to me. I’m not too terribly worried about warranty work or service, just the quality of the boat in general, as I’ll be buying it sight unseen, which kinda scares me

7. Member
    Anyway ur Dealer would consider selling Tritons?

I got my Dealer interested in the Triton Brand and got a great deal because of it.

If they are a Nitro Dealer it's All White River in which they can become a Triton Dealer.

Yes sir, they are already a Triton dealer, but getting new boats from the factory is a waiting game, especially when you order one custom colored. This boat I’ve found 8 hrs away is the exact boat I built on the Triton website. I asked my dealer if they could get it from the dealership it’s at, and was told that since it’s slim Pickens right now, nobody wants to give up a boat when they finally get some in stock. I figured the most money they’ll make is in on the trade-in side anyway, so I’m sure that’s another reason they don’t wanna give it up to my dealer.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket mouth View Post
    Yes sir, they are already a Triton dealer, but getting new boats from the factory is a waiting game, especially when you order one custom colored. This boat I’ve found 8 hrs away is the exact boat I built on the Triton website. I asked my dealer if they could get it from the dealership it’s at, and was told that since it’s slim Pickens right now, nobody wants to give up a boat when they finally get some in stock. I figured the most money they’ll make is in on the trade-in side anyway, so I’m sure that’s another reason they don’t wanna give it up to my dealer.
    for sure. well then I think it's settled, make the drive. better hurry up.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

I did it!

Drove 8 hours yesterday, picked her up this morning and drove 8 back. Headed out first thing in the morning for the maiden voyage. Thanks everyone for the tips
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket mouth View Post
    Drove 8 hours yesterday, picked her up this morning and drove 8 back. Headed out first thing in the morning for the maiden voyage. Thanks everyone for the tips
    hell yeh man!! congrats! that's a nice ride
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

12. Member
    Great looking boat and truck! Enjoy.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

13. Member
    Congrats!
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

Thank you guys. Appreciate it

15. Member
    Very nice as stated plus they match! Enjoy!

16. Member
    nice rig wow congrats