Wear of carpet on bunks

I noticed this today. So far, it's only on this bunk that wood is showing. Should be fine or should it be covered up?

I also notice that this bunk doesnt square up with the hull completely. There is a slight gap of light pretty much the entire length of the bunk, except for the front and back. I checked the other side and it looks fine to me.

I wonder if this has anything to do with splitting hulls. The weight isnt spread out across the bunk and only on the ends.

2. Member
    I also have some wood showing on my right bunk. Noticed the other day when I also noticed the bunk floating because the from bolt was gone.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    I also have some wood showing on my right bunk. Noticed the other day when I also noticed the bunk floating because the from bolt was gone.
    I had to tighten the bolts on one of the sides. Cant remember which. Saw it on my 2nd year iirc when I saw the board was vertical.

4. Member
    Need to recheck and tighten bolts every yr they come loose

5. Member
    As far as carpet you do have a warranty

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James 10 View Post
    3 year warranty on the trailer. Found out when I was digging around about the pigtail connector.

Anyways I guess the quality of carpet isn't what it use to be. I had a 2005 trailer I sold in 2018 that still had the original bunk and carpet, with no wear spots.

I think I'm going to get those synthetic covers for bunks instead of carpet.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James 10 View Post
    Good deal. Didn’t know that and I’m going to take care of that at my two year service.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS