Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Quit treating everyone with kid gloves. I'm 52....there was no ADHD. There was a mother and father who cared about me being the best citizen I could be. I was young we all colored outside the lines. I saw a belt , got an ass whooping or my mother looked me straight in the eyes and say boy you might be bigger and stronger but don't close those eyes at night. Enough to scare me straight. I was petrified of my parents if I screwed up.

The worry today is if kids aren't perfect they are told its this , that or the other thing. They march them into the doctor and beg and plead make him/her just like Suzy or Johnny. Social media is another reason...don't want to end up on Facebook, instagram, TikTok making your child the best person they can be....love hurts sometimes. I, personally have people close to me and this cousin has this and this one has that ailment and needs this drug. What they REALLY needed was parents that took control when their kids couldn't.

Now please this wasn't meant to be a broad brush that I painted with. I fully understand there are mental issues been managed in all age brackets. For those folks I'm sorry if I've offended you.
    Nailed it
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwtlsu View Post
    I often think that the rise in the school shootings in 90’s coincide with an increase in prescribing antidepressants/anxiety and mood control medications to children. My niece was just taking off meds for her anxiety because she was scared of the thoughts she was having, as a 12 year old. I pray every day my 3 and 6 year old make it home safe. Prayers to these families, some who may not yet know where their child is.
    I have thought the same with these drugs. A lot of these shootings have this in common.

3. Member

4. Member
    For all the people that lost today

6. Member
    Lost white teenage 'gamer', they all are. Prayers to the families.

7. Member
    Very sad
    Red Sox in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    Yes and we should be ashamed and come up with solutions. I agree with a couple of the previous posters that parenting has definitely gone off the rails compared to my parents generation (I'm 62 and went to high school in the 70's). This problem is multifactorial and complicated but we really need to address this asap. Social media plays a big part. Bullying nowadays isn't just between a few classmates, it gets put out for everyone to see via TikTok or whatever kids use. Much more violence streamed than when I was a kid; I'm not ashamed to admit I grew up with Gilligan's Island and I Dream of Jeanie, etc. My daughter told me the other day one of the 7 year olds in her classroom watched Squid Games; wth? Too many irresponsible adults not locking up loaded firearms and ammo to prevent kids having easy access to them. And let's look at how the war in Ukraine is getting 24/7 media coverage with images of mass destruction and killing. This is war but I know my parents would never have let me watch this news unsupervised pre-HS. We are all becoming desensitized to (gun) violence and no I am not anti-gun in any way. Let's be honest - there are way too many 'loose cannons' out there with weapons ready to pull the trigger at the slightest confrontation. Someone takes your seat on the subway so they get shot. Someone cuts you off in traffic and you used to exchange middle digits and go on your way. Now, you do that and get shot at. Some folks don't like the decisions of a soccer ref so they threaten their life? This cycle of violence will continue until we as Americans 'man up' and deal honestly with the root causes (plural). When kids shooting kids becomes an epidemic, and nothing is done to stop it, this country needs to get their heads together and fix it. And keep politics out of it because it's a human issue not a political issue. Oh, and never blame the children - it is always the fault of the parents and adults, period.
    and some folks didn’t like who won the last election and went about storming the capital and likely would’ve killed somebody had they been able to get their hands on them.

I’ll give you this, there’s an underbelly of humans in this country who seem angry at everything and want place blame and eliminate those they have misguidingly decided are the cause of all of this. The fact that this group is one that is the most vocal about their “rights” to own guns being constantly being threatened is no coincidence.

So sad and tragic.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    and some folks didn’t like who won the last election and went about storming the capital and likely would’ve killed somebody had they been able to get their hands on them.

I’ll give you this, there’s an underbelly of humans in this country who seem angry at everything and want place blame and eliminate those they have misguidingly decided are the cause of all of this. The fact that this group is one that is the most vocal about their “rights” to own guns being constantly being threatened is no coincidence.
    Take a deep breath and don’t use this killing for your soap box. A lot of speculation in your post.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    Lost white teenage 'gamer', they all are. Prayers to the families.
    Are you implying the shooter was a white gamer? I don’t know too many white folks named Salvador Ramos if that’s the case?

13. Member
    And I was sitting at my 4th graders end of year play today with a fellow parent and we enjoyed it while others were in a place of hell where I have dove hunted many times. I hugged my little girl tight today when I got her from school.

Her school is locked down, double doors and a metal detector. Worth every school tax dollar spent on that.

And to follow other posts, I feared Mom and Dad growing up but in a good way, a level of accountability I have to my wife and supervisor at work nowadays/

14. Member

Put the pipe down and stop listening to liberal media talking points. You have no clue what you are talking about and neither do they, pure speculation in your post.

15. Member

You are clueless.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

Sending prayers to all involved. Heaven needed more Angels.

17. Member
    So sad. Prayers for the families

18. Member
    Hard to believe anyone could be so heartless. I said thing because I am not sure what they are!

Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    You are clueless.
    Being schooled by zombies

Be nice if y’all could wait one fuking day to start your political bullshit, and just respect and grieve.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast